Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

9 months



This past week Connor hit the 9 month mark! He has changed so much in just a week! We went to the doctor on Tuesday for his well check and expressed our concerns that Connor isnt crawling yet, pulling up, talking (saying his consonants, no we dont expect him to really talk just yet), or gotten his first tooth. She said that she wasnt concerned about any of the above things because he is such a social baby and is very strong in his legs and upper body. During the exam she was feeling around in his mouth and looking down his throat and to our surprise, Connor 1st tooth must have broken through the night before!!! He made a fool of us for sure! The doctor just looked at us and said, "well I dont know what you are worried about because he actually has a tooth." Oops, I must have missed that one. I guess I just got so tired of checking because Connor has been teething since 4 months old and we have yet to see anything come of it until now. Mom and I looked in my baby book a few weeks ago and guess when I got my first tooth? Yep, 9 months... Guess when I walked? My first birthday... I think Connor is on track to follow in my footsteps with his milestones. I am really not concerned as much as Brad. You know with all of these athletes in the family, he wants him to be doing everything 1st so he will be on pace to be the all star! I think Connor has convinced us that he will do it on HIS pace. The funny thing is that this week Connor has gotten really close to crawling many times. I keep trying to work with him and teach him, and then I think to myself "what am I doing, am I crazy!" There is so much to be doing right now, that is the last thing I need is for him to be crawling around with all of the baby hazards around us! Time will tell whether or not Connor will actually crawl. I still think he will go straight into walking first.
Well, that has been my life for the past week. Oh yeah, and emptying boxes. Anybody want to come for a visit? I am sure I can find something for us to do. Ha!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Ahhh...I cannot believe that he is 9 months. Yes, you enjoy this time without him crawling. If the doctor is not worried, then no big deal!! I think the Lord worked it out that way so you would not have soemthing else on your plate! HA!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear about the tooth. I wouldn't worry too much about the other stuff though. It is like you said he will do it in his time and there is nothing wrong with him except of course that he is too precious. I am sure he is just as wrotten as Kaitlyn and they are both growing too quickly. K is 16 months now. I am so ready for another but Matt still says no. If you need anything call me, even if it is just to talk to ask "silly" questions. I might be able to help since K isn't too far ahead of Connor. Talk to you guys soon. Pam