Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hey...where's all the furniture?




The past week has been spent cleaning the new house and taking small loads of boxes to the house every night. It has been exhausting, but we are making progress. We are planning to move all of the furniture this weekend and try and get settled in the house. It is kind of sad as I sit here in our "old" house and look around at the bare walls. I didnt think that I would be that emotional about the move but it is hard not to, when you think the fact that this was our 1st home, we got our first dog and had our first child here. I am very excited about the new house though. Every time I go, I like it more and more. It feels like "home". Everyone is so friendly in the neighborhood and we have had many offers to help us move by people that we dont even know! Who does that these days?! It will be sad to leave our neighbors here that we like so much!
Here are some pics from Saturday, Connor has been such a trooper! He can stay occupied for a little while, but he is still in his seperation stage which makes it hard to leave the room without him. I just hope that the neighbors dont think that we are abusing him because, MAN can he scream! He sees us coming into the room with boxes and gets so excited and then when we leave again he just wails! I cant wait till he grows out of this!!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good luck with the move. Again, I don't envy that part of it, but I am excited for you guys with the new house. Connor looks like he loves it already!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house! Connor looks adorable!

Tabitha said...

We are so sad to see you guys going but how nice for you to have a bigger home. Conner is so good to just sit there while you guys get things done. What a great baby! Count your blessings. Once you all are settled I want to come check out the new house.