Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Vols Lose but Connor is still in good spirits!




As you can see even though the Vols lost last night, we still managed to have a good time at our house! Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary came over to watch the game and we had a great time spending one of our last game days in our bonus room. Thanks for coming up you guys, Connor has so much fun with you all! I know this because when Brett and Hillary were leaving, Connor would cry every time they would leave the room to try to leave! Also, we have some very exciting news to announce- last night we came to an agreement with a family from Florida to buy our house and we are supposed to get the signed contract tomorrow!! I am hesitant to say that it is SOLD, because we still have to go through the inspection and of course it is contingent on that. I am sure everything will go well, these people really want the house! We felt like a huge weight has been lifted off of our shoulders! We are closing on the new house this Friday and it will be good to know that we can start moving our stuff over without having to keep our other house staged and straightened for showings! Praise the Lord!!!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

That is great news about your house. We will continue to pray that everything goes well. I'm glad Connor had a great night even without a win!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I'll pray everything goes smoothly with the selling of your house and moving into your new one. Love, Robin

Jeremy and Lacy said...

First of all, Connor is so stinking cute! I just love all of his Vols gear. We are going to TN next Monday...and we are so excited, but all of Kileys TN stuff she got is for when she is older, so we are going to have to get her something while we are there. Second, I am so excited about your house. I have been praying for yall, the Lord just wanted you to trust Him up until the end!!! God is so good, and we will continue to pray that it will go smoothly!

Tabitha said...

Great news on the house! I'm sure all with go fine with the contract. I hope our new neighbors will be as great as you guys are. Also, Conner looks really cute in all his UT gear.

Darby said...

Praise the Lord! I will be praying!

Courtney said...

Yeah!! I am so happy for you guys and will continue to pray for you. I know that this is a huge relief. I must add that Connor looks absolutely adorable in his VOLS Gear!

Brett&Hillary said...

We hate leaving Connor too... We had so much fun with you guys, just hanging out!! I think we forgot to tell you Congrats on the contract for your house, We will still pray that it comes through!!!

We love you!!!!