Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Connor's new wheels!




I always wondered how those mothers pushed their babies while running behind them. I do good to actually perform in the act of running at all! It is not one of my favorite things to do, but I have decided that I am tired of being out of shape and it was time I did something about it. My excuse was always that I had to keep Connor entertained or a million other things, but not anymore! Now there is no excuse because on Monday we found a jogging stroller on clearance at Target! Actually it was Brad's find, he was so excited because he has wanted this very badly also. We have looked and looked at consignment stores and never seem to find anything. This one was 1/2 off so it was an awesome deal. We went for a stroll last night with it and it was great! I say stroll because we did a lot more walking than running! I am ashamed to say that I have never been this out of shape in my entire life!!! I am going to attempt to change that now that I have my nifty new stroller. It is so much easier to exercise this way because Connor loves it! Doesn't he look cute in his new "ride"!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

You go girl! I dont even have that motivation and I dont have a kid...i know i know i better change that while i can without them right? I plan to :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I love it!! We have been looking into one also, but it is just way TOO HOT right now even at night. Treadmill is all I can do for now, but maybe this fall we can get one. I am so proud of you, I know these post baby bodies are way different and they do not like to run..HA! So glad to know someone else is struggling with the same thing! HA!

Courtney said...

Tara, I love it!!! This is funny for me b/c I am no where near having a baby, yet I already have a jogging stroller that I won from my local running shop! I thought about selling it on ebay, but I am optimistic that one day I will have a child and be able to put it to use before it rusts! I've got faith in you that you'll put it to use!

Tara said...

Ha! Take care of it and I am sure it will be put to good use with a baby someday Court! I only hope that I can become a dedicated runner like you someday!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Tara! I know what you mean about stubborn baby fat! I'm still struggling and my baby is 25 years old. Love, Robin

Brett&Hillary said...

Good for you!!! This looks like fun!!