Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I LOVE FALL!


I am so excited about the introduction to Fall! It is my favorite time of year and I get so excited whenever it comes near! Hey, that rhymes!! The only bummer about this year is that I am so busy trying to get settled in this house that I don't have time for one of my most favorite things- decorating for fall!! I love to go fishing for the boxes with my decor and believe it or not it was one of the first things that I unpacked when we got here! I already have my fall wreath on the front door... I think that Brad thinks that I am loony, but it is the small things in life that excite me these days! Here are some of my favorite things about fall...


1) The smells (pumpkin, leaves, fall air, mulled cider candle by tyler, soups and chili for the cooler weather, Starbucks pumpkin spice cappuccino)

2)The colors (even though I look best in the summer and spring colors, I love the oranges, greens and browns of the fall clothing trends and surroundings of the TN landscape!)
3)Halloween!!!! This has always been one of my favorite nights! I have always loved to dress up and I can remember when I was little not sleeping a wink the night before Halloween because I was looking forward to wearing the costume that my Mom made for me! She made me some awesome ones and I am proud to say that I usually won "best costume" at school every year! Some of my favorites were Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Statue of Liberty, Mime, Wicked Witch of the West)

4) Candy!!!! Can you say "candy corn"! Anyone that knows me knows that I have a pretty big sweet tooth and one of my favorite candies is candy corn!! They really need to make this year around, dont you think?

5)Fall Festivals (I can smell the kettle corn now!)

6)Carving pumpkins (this is where my love for design comes in to play. I have always loved trying to decide what kind of face my pumpkin would wear)

7)Falling leaves (Ok, I cant actually say that I have any of these since we have always lived in new houses with tiny trees, I am sure if I had some I would not like all the raking that goes with this)

8)New Clothes ( I love fall clothes! I dont like the bulkiness of the winter ones so fall for me is PERFECT)

9) Cooler weather ( Again, I dont like winter so Fall for me is just right!)

10) Christmas is getting closer (More decorating, yeahhhhh!!!!)

11) Tennessee Football (need I say more!)
12) Visiting home (Now I love it here in Middle TN, but the prettiest place to be in the fall is back in East Tennessee! I miss the mountains this time of year!!!!)

13) I met my sweetie!- Brad and I started dating in October, ummmmmm sorry I cant remember the rest. Ok, ok that was 15 years ago the exact date has slipped my mind!)
HAPPY FALL!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tara, once again you are truly amazing. I don't know how your energy is holding up. You are working on the house non-stop, taking care of Connor and still finding time to work on the blog. Anyhow, I enjoyed the post. I agree this is the best time of the year. It is gorgeous here this morning. Take care and get some rest! (Ham for dinner if you have time to come over) Love Grannie & Pops

Anonymous said...

Well Tara you're not the only loony because I have started putting my fall decorations out too. It is also my favorite time of the year! The picture is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Tara, I remember everyone of those Halloween costumes your mom made, your mom's homemade iced cookies and taking you and Brett trick-or-treating with Darby and Lacy. Sweet memories! HAPPY FALL!!! Love, Robin

Wadsworth Family- said...

Fall is my favorite season too! and 16 pieces of candy corn is 3 points (yes, i'm on weight watchers)I was just telling Jeff how much I loved Fall in Rockwood, especially Homecoming week, I loved dressing up! Amanda

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I LOVE FALL TOO!! Oh how I miss it too, we do not have fall in FL, we skip it and go straight to what they call winter down here! I can't wait to come in October, hopefully the leaves will be goregous!!!

The Davis Family said...

I love fall too! I've been anxiously awaiting the time to hang up my fall wreath too! That picture is so beautiful. I miss East TN in the fall!!