Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks for the 4th!

We went to see the fireworks last night at The Commons in Spring Hill. It was quite a display for its first year. I will have to say, I was quite impressed with them and the crowd of people that came. Connor really enjoyed himself playing in the back of the car before they started. We ate our dinner (Sonic) and enjoyed ice cream. Connor was busy trying to charm a little girl in the car next to us. He was making funny faces at her through the window. It was so funny! The noise of the fireworks did scare him a bit, but he never cried. He just held on to us for dear life!
Mmm, mmm... Mommy your ice cream is good!

This is Connor's face when he tasted coke in my cup. I guess he was expecting juice.
This is how we watched the fireworks. We were pretty close to where they were blasting them off and it was pretty loud, so we closed the hatch and Connor seemed to enjoy it much more that way...plus there was debris falling all over us. You can see it on my car in this picture.
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

4 comments:

Darby said...

It looks like you all had a really fun 4th despite not being at the lake! Connor is soooo cute!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Looks like it still ended up being a great 4th! He is precious!

Casey said...

I love it that Connor was flirting with the girl in the car next to him!! I'm glad you all had a good 4th!!

Kristy said...

Hope you guys had a great 4th, it sure looks like it. We had a blast! Yes I'm excited although I'm not sure Justin is as he will have all three kids for the first time alone to put them to bed. It shoudl be interesting. I HAVE to post all of the things we have had going on, I hope to catch up this weekend! Hope you guys are good!