Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A little of this, little of that

This post is going to be very random. I just thought that I would throw a few things out there and share what we have been doing lately. The truth is, that we havent been doing much. Brad has worked a lot this week, so it has been me and Connor hanging out mostly. Tuesday was my off day and I just stayed at home and cleaned and played with Connor mostly. I have worked the rest of the week. Today on my lunch break I went and got him some goodies to play with tonight and got him his very first coloring book and crayons. He has some markers that are made for small hands, but cant really seem to grasp the concept. So I thought crayons might be a little more self explanatory. I think I had more fun with it than he did! I found myself getting a little carried away. I had colored a full page and then Connor came up and started scribbling all over it and I had to catch myself before I got a little upset. Ha! This was for him by the way! He is changing so much every day! I know I have said that before, but now it is definitely true. He says a new word every day (sometimes two words together!) and in a week has learned most of his body parts (which he had no interest before) and has become quite the little comedian. He is always making funny faces just to get a smile/laugh out of us. It ALWAYS works, of course! Last night, he did a George W. Bush laugh impersonation. We were in the car on our way home and I wished I had a camera so bad! It was hilarious, and I was laughing so hard I was crying. This made him do it more and more. He even had the shoulder thing down pat!!! Oh the things kids do...as if he even knows who George W is! LOL

This brings me to another point- I dont have a camera right now. The flash quit working and since we havent even had it a year, we called and they told us to send it in. I was bummed, but we need to get it fixed before we go on vacation so I needed to bite the bullet and get it done. Therefore, I wont have any pics to post for a few weeks. Bummer, I know...

Next thing is something that you might care nothing about, BUT I was pumped when I heard this! They are going to have a 90210 spin off this fall!!! I was a die hard fan and watched it until it went off the air (and yes, I did cry). I have actually gotten addicted to Tori Spelling's new reality show (corny I know) but I have always liked her for some reason. I saw something online about her signing on for the show and got so excited. Jenny Garth is also going to star as Kelly, but I think those are the only originals so far. I really hope the show isnt a flop, although I am pretty much expecting it since most spin off's are. Just thought I would share!

Thanks to Kristy Eckel for telling me about the preview for the show... Here it is!
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1564335284

Have a great weekend yall!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I need to send you the link to the preview of the show. It's very interesting. They are talking about the original Nat coming back to the peach pit.

I'm with ya I watch the reruns on soap net all of the time. :) Justin hates that.

Nikki said...

That is funny about the George W. laugh, you need to get that on video! I was pretty excited about the 90210 show too!