Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Terrific Tuesday


Here are some pictures from our Tuesday! Sorry I didnt post them sooner, Brad was in TX Monday-Tuesday and we spent our time hanging out with him when he got home. Connor always misses his Dada so much when he travels- Mommy too! We spent the day hanging out at home and had planned to have a visit with Grandma, but Connor decided to take a 4 hour nap! I am by no means complaining about this, however it pretty much means we spent the entire day inside. We did go to the pool that afternoon and I am so proud to say that Connor actually likes the water now! I stood him up on the ledge beside the pool and he actually jumped to me! This is such a huge step forward from where we were just a few weeks ago! He is starting to kick his little legs and loves to splash in the water. He also stopped on the way to the car to play in the sand volleyball court! I was completely shocked since he has been terrified of the sand since he was born. I didnt really like the idea of him getting into it since we were still wet from the pool, but I didnt want to discourage him from it, SO now there is lots of little grains of sand on my car's black interior. I cant believe that I thought I would actually be able to keep a clean car with a child... No matter how clean and organized you might be, its just not possible! Anyway, it was a fun day, ended with a fun night with Da Da on the new and improved deck! As you can see by the pictures, it isnt completely finished yet but until we start on the extension it will be this way for a while. (not exactly safe for a toddler unless supervised, so it will be sooner rather than later)





This next picture is what happens when you let Connor water the flowers, everything gets WET! Including him! He soaks himself!


Modeling his shades in the mirror.
Looks pretty good to me!
I am such a funny guy!
Playing with my new Snoopy golf club set that Da Da got me.
No one said you cant play golf and baseball. I have just never seen it played together.

We havent moved the table up to the deck yet, but are enjoying just sitting up there for a change. Brad has slaved away for the past few months every spare minute he has working on it. Didnt he do a good job?

Our "rigged" crossing across the abyss onto the steps. Can you say DANGEROUS!

Look at all of those curls!

Playing Peek-a-boo with Da Da.

8 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

Sounds like you had a fun day!!! Connor is soooo cute and he looks like he's getting so big!!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Aren't the boys getting big? It's crazy! Birthdays coming up in the fall. I am feeling well..just getting big..bigger than I was with Brock. RE: strawberries, I am pretty sure the season ended mid June. For next year though, there is a GREAT place by Spring Hill High that we go pick...cheap and YUMMY!
If you want to pick blueberries, there is the Golden Bell Blueberry Farm off of 96. Phone: (615) 794-3758 I will be heading there soon to get some blueberries to eat and to freeze!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So cute! Brad did such a great job in the deck...it looks awesome! Isn't it great having a handy hubby! Connor is the cutest! So glad that he likes the water and sand now!

Kandi said...

That's great about the water and sand, now the fun will really begin. We have the Snoopy golf clubs and the kids love them, I hope Connor does too. Brandon would like to start Keira early in golf and see if she likes it. He just recently made her mini-sized real clubs from some old ones. So far no one has been injured, but I think they are too heavy for her, so she doesn't do much with them, yet.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

He is growing so fast. We need to see him soon!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Tara,
Thanks for your help on the crib. You gave me a lot of really helpful info that is making this much easier! I think i found the perfect one! Thanks so much!!!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Check your e-mail when you get a chance...lets set a date to go pick blueberries....

Heather Robinette said...

I LOVE the curls!!!