Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

No lake for the 4th :(



Every year for we usually spend July 4th on the lake in Rockwood. Since Brads parents moved to a lake house a few years back, we have enjoyed being at the lake just swimming, cooking out and enjoying the view. This year we have decided to stay at home due to the cost of gas, and some other things. For those of you who dont know, Brad umpires high school baseball in his spare time (which isnt very often) and they always have a tournament this weekend. He has always wanted to work it every year, but we usually always go out of town. This year Brad is going to umpire and make some extra $$, and Connor and I will probably go to my grandmothers and have a cookout with my family. Spring Hill is having its 1st annual fireworks display this year, so we might go and check that out and see how Connor does with that. Last night I took him out on the porch because some boys down the street were shooting off bottle rockets and I wanted to see how he did with the noise. It didnt seem to bother him much, so we will see! I also plan to spend some time at the pool, since I have only been once this year. Needless to say I havent been very excited about going since I spend my whole time sitting in the kiddie pool holding Connor. He still hasnt taken to the water yet, but we are still trying. I will also try and get some exercising in. I havent done well this week, but I have started getting up at 5 on the mornings that I work and running in our neighborhood. I feel so much better on the days that I do this, and it is starting to get easier. This week I have been super tired and couldnt make myself get up but only one day. Since I wont be working tomorrow, I can just go when I feel like it! Yahoo! The mornings are great though because there is no humidity and it isnt very hot. Pray for me that this continues! I have decided the only way for me to get any exercise is to go first thing in the morning, plus they say it is the best time for your body if your are trying to lose weight. The deck project continues... Brad hopes to finish it this weekend sometime. It is going well and I am excited to be able to use it again. I hope that everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!! Be safe and be sure to thank God for this wonderful country that we call home!

3 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

Those lake pictures are beautiful!! I hope you all have a great 4th despite not being at the lake!

Kandi said...

Hope the exercise routine works out for you. I am still trying to find time to exercise. We go as a family now in the evening, but I would like to start running again. Morning seems best time for me also, but I have started getting up at 6 or so to do my Bible reading, otherwise I don't spend enough time doing that during the day. Maybe I should try getting up at 5!!

Heather Robinette said...

I love your lake pictures. I know you miss it! We haven't gone to the lake one time this summer since mom has the pool now. I love looking at it, but haven't been crazy about swimming in it since I have had kids. It just seems so nasty! The way Sailor loves that water, she would want to drink it if she was in there, so it's best we stick with the pool. I think we are going out in the boat tonight to eat and watch the fireworks around the lake. Have a great weekend!