Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Incredible story...you should read!

As Brad and I were watching the home run derby tonight, well really Brad was just watching and I was playing with Connor. I started watching after a guy named Josh Hamilton nailed one to the wall of Yankee Stadium. He kept hitting one home run after another, it was unreal! He now has the record of the most home runs hit in the first round of the home run derby and he has only been back in MLB for a year or so. Actually he is still hitting again as we speak so I dont know what the outcome will be but he might even win it before it is all over. I was intrigued by his story when the announcers were talking about how he was a recovering drug addict. I found this story and thought it was so amazing. A true example of how God can do ANYTHING, and he gives him all of the glory! Here is the link, it is worth your while to read it!

2 comments:

Kandi said...

We saw that also. Incredible! Just goes to show God is the only way someone's life can be turned around, no matter how hard we try, we are not in control. Glory to God! I pray the Hamilton guy can reach lost people on drugs.

Casey said...

Bradley and I were watching it too, and we both thought that he had such a neat story!! I liked how they were so vocal about it on TV!!