Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Suggestions please...

So I am in the market for an umbrella stroller and I need some suggestions. I have done all of the research possible, but want to know if any of you have any advice to add. I have been wanting one of these for a while and have almost bought one of the $10 specials a time or two, but never actually did. I am kind of glad because these things have come a long way since the ones I was use to, and there are some pretty snazzy ones out there. I am hearing they are a must if you travel to Disney, so...which one shall it be? The one that everyone keeps pointing to is the Maclaren, but man is it pricey! They say it is well worth the money, but some of the others seem to be pretty nice also with many more features for less $. I looked at the Combi Helio today, but didnt like how it folded up. However, it had some pretty nice features and cool fabric choices (orange polka dots- alright!) that dont come on the Maclaren Triumph (this is the one I am looking at). The Maclaren Quest has most of the features but is well out of my price range. So if any of you have owned one of these, or know someone who has one, or know someone who has known someone who has had one, please help! Thanks!! I'll let you know what I decide.

4 comments:

Wadsworth Family- said...

We use the cheap $20.00 one from Babies R' Us. My friend uses the same one also. It works fine for short trips and to the mall. It doesn't have much space to haul stugg though; i have to hang the diaper bag on the arms of it. Happy Hunting, Amanda

Nikki said...

Sorry, I can't help either. We have a $10 special. We got it as a gift and have just made it work. No options, bells or whistles:(

Jeremy and Lacy said...

We have the $10 one too! I use it for quick stops, and break out the big stroller at the mall so I can haul all the purchases and diaper bag. Sorry I'm not much help! I'd go for the orange polka dots though just b/c its cute! HA!

Jen and The Meservy Crew said...

Hi Tara
You know our suggestion...the McLaren triumph! worth the money! remember to get a nice one because you will be pushing it for 12+hours at Disney! a happy back = a happy mommy! happy hunting! we have one and it has made it through 2 babies! you will be ready for baby #2! Enjoy!
Jen