Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A day at the family farm

On Sunday after the saying goodbye to Grannie, Pops, An Am and Pete we got a call that Mom and Dad were on their way to go to my grandparents farm. Since my Pawpaw passed away, Dad has been helping out doing the some of the farm chores. They went and picked up my grandmother and then headed to the farm and asked if we wanted to meet them there. Since Connor hasnt really been able to spend much time out there, we thought it would be fun to show him the tractor, cows, and the pastures. Since this will be Nonna and Grandy's future home spot, Connor had better get used to the place! After retirement Mom and Dad plan to build out there and we cant wait because we will have family so close by (only about a 5 minute drive from our house)! Connor wasnt too sure about Pawpaws tractor. It is much noisier than Pete's!
Nonna showing Connor the cows. The cows belong to my Grandmothers cousin, who also helps take care of the place.Connor was very interested in the "baby" cow. Isnt he cute?Here is a picture of Connor throwing rocks in the pond full of yucky mud. It was almost all dried up and Connor loved throwing rocks in there and hearing the "splat".
He found a stick and starting swinging it like a golf club.
His classic follow through!

5 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Looks like such a fun time. What a great place for a little boy to play! Especially with the tractor!

Casey said...

I love it that Connor is getting to do all the fun stuff on the farm...what great memories for him! I used to play on my grandparents farm when I was little, and I still remember how fun it was! I think you might have a serious golfer on your hands!

Nikki said...

That just looks like so much fun, I bet he just loves going out there. I bet you can't wait for you mom and dad to build!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So fun! He looks so cute! How great that you will eventually have your Mom and Dad closer..I didn't know they had plans to build there! That will be so great! How special that you will always have the place that has such great memories with your Grandfather!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

What fun!!! These pictures make me miss your entire family! I love yall!