Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Visit from Grandma (Gigi)

This weekend we got to spend some time with my grandmother from NY who has come down to visit for two weeks. We are teaching Connor to call her Gigi, since my other grandmother is also known as Grandma. I was the first born and for some reason thought it was a good idea to have two Grandmas, therefore adding to a lot of confusion. We went to Mom and Dad's on Saturday night and stayed until Sunday. Since the weather was beautiful and the last of the warm fall days, we spent most of our time outside. I will be honest, it was a little wild and crazy because we had three dogs that weren't used to being together and it added a little chaos to our day. But what would a day be without that? Ha! Brett and Hillary got a new puppy, well lets just say that they rescued it and planned on giving it away but I think we all know how that usually works out. Therefore we have a new baby in the family. Nico is her name and she is so adorable. We are pretty sure that she is going to be a big dog. Mom says she doubles in size every time she sees her. Right now she is only 10 weeks old and is pretty tall. We think she has some English Pointer in her and Brett is determined to make her a hunting dog. Since she is still in her puppy stage she was jumping on Connor and trying to play and lets just say Connor wasnt too thrilled about our new member of the family. Cooper on the other hand wasnt getting along too well at first but then eventually got used to her. Birdie doesnt want anything to do with any of the dogs and it was her house, so that didnt go very well either. Pretty much we spent the whole time trying to keep them split up. Despite all of that, we had a wonderful time seeing everyone. Connor was pooped to say the least from his busy weekend, but had a great time getting spoiled and seeing all of his grandparents!

(Sorry there are so many pictures. I couldnt decide which ones to post!)


4 Generations of the Hill family
Nonna, Gigi, and Connor
Connor loves his Gigi!I love this picture!The day wouldnt be complete without throwing baseball.
Nico (isnt she so cute) and yes the name came from "Lipstick Jungle"
Swinging with Nonna
Connor was hilarious eating his ice cream cone. I am pretty sure it was his first one. He usually eats it out of the bowl. He liked to stretch that tongue way out there for each lick!
Instead of wagon rides, we do "wheelbarrow rides".
Eating his Mickey Mouse pasta that Nonna fixed for him.
I had to share this picture because Connor is sitting in my old "Big Bird" chair. My mother is one that has kept literally everthing from our childhood. She pulled this chair out along with some other toys that I had gotten for my first birthday. We laugh because one of them is an old "rotary" style phone and I told Mom that Connor wouldnt even know what that was since all he has ever known is flip phones.

3 comments:

Heather Robinette said...

It's really great that she came to visit. Your mom isn't the only one that has kept everything from childhood! It's just that mom is just now getting to pull out all of mine and Nikki's little girl stuff for Sailor! She will have an entire trunk of ballet costumes to play dressup in!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

It looks like you all had a great weekend!!! Your grandmother looks great! Please tell her Hello! Enjoy your time with her! Give Connor a big squeeze for me!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I love those generation pictures! So sweet and something to be cherished forever. That is great that your Mom kept so much. It means a lot to be able to pass those things down.