Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, October 27, 2008

A day at Grannie and Pops

On Saturday we finally got down to visit with Grannie and Pops! It has been since early summer that we were there. I am not really sure why it was that long. I guess just vacations, home projects, and the chaos of summer made the time go by. We had a great day just hanging out and we also got to see Aunt Susie, An Am and Uncle Benny, Kim, Summer and Jordan. Pete we missed seeing you this time. Connor got Halloween treat bags from Susie and Kim and really enjoyed all of his treats! We wish we lived closer so we could see everyone on Friday. I guess we will all just have to settle for pictures. We took Connor down to the lake and he loved throwing rocks with Daddy. He also got a good look at his newly renovated cabin. Pops has been working on it and has added sheet rock, windows, a door, and is planning on putting in heating and air and a bed. It started out as a playhouse, but now it will be his little retreat by the lake. Sorry no pictures of that. I will get some as soon as it is finished. It was so good to see yall and we promise we will be back down very soon!...another rock, DaDa!



What a big leaf!
Going on a wagon ride.


Candy, candy and more candy!
Hanging out with Pops

Connor's new Mickey umbrella from Grannie! It rains all the time inside the house now.


7 comments:

Betty said...

Now...these are some precious moments that will be cherished forever! I love the family photos of you three by the lake. I hope that you guys get many more opportunities to spend time with the ones you love most!!! That is what life is all about...getting all the hugs, kisses, and time you can get as a family!

Anonymous said...

I sure have missed seeing all of you and enjoyed visiting yall at Ronnie and Doris Ann's. Connor's getting to be a big boy. Connor HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! and Tara and Brad. Love you, Auntie Susie

Heather Robinette said...

I really like the pictures of Brad and Connor on the dock!

GrannieT said...

We had such a great time. We just can't see our families enough. Hopefully we will have more chances soon. The picture turned out great as I knew they would! Love, Grannie

The Richards-Rod, Suzanne, and Addie said...

Heather took the words right out of my mouth. The pictures on the dock are adorable!

The Clifton Family said...

Thanks for the comments on our blog- love these lake pics of you guys. I did finally figure out the blog header with the words, however, had to delete my old pic to do it. Oh well... I need to change it every now and then anyways! Thanks again!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun! Looks like yall had a great time! How could you not? I noticed those beautiful Fall trees in the background. Now that I have been away from them for 6 years, I am enjoying every one I catch a glimpse of!