Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sad news

I know a lot of you have probably already heard that Brad's Aunt Susie died unexpectedly. She died in her sleep and was a shock since we had just seen her last weekend. She seemed to be doing very well and looked great. I am so glad that we got to spend some time with her. We are all very saddened by this news. Brad and Amanda have always been very close with their aunt - going on trips with her, etc. She sure spoiled all of her nieces, nephews and great" ", since she had no children herself. She was very young, only 52. She has also been a high school teacher in the same high school for 25 years, was a basketball and softball coach and was very well known in the community. I am sure it is going to be a very large service. We came down yesterday to be with the family and will be here until the services conclude. Not sure about them yet, they are meeting with them now. I will let you know as soon as I get the news. Please keep us in your prayers.

7 comments:

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

I did hear the very sad news...I am so sorry for you all. I am so glad that you all got to spend time with her last weekend! We will be praying for you all!

Nikki said...

Tara and Brad,
I am so very sorry for your unexpected loss. I heard about it just this morning and was shocked. We will be praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

i heard about this sad news last night...i am so sorry , you all will be in our prayers....

Heather Robinette said...

We are thinking of you and praying for your family. We are very sorry for your loss.

Kristy said...

Justin and I are VERY sorry to hear this news. Please know that you are all in our prayers.

Betty said...

We are all praying for you and your family.

Casey said...

Tara, I am so sorry to hear about Susie. We will definitely be praying for your family! I'm also glad that you all were able to spend time with her last weekend!