Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our new toy!

We have a new toy in our house- we got a Wii! Our Circuit City is one of the three in the state that are closing and we are so sad because it only opened about 3 months ago. However, they have had some good deals so that is one good thing. Those of you who know Brad, know that he is a sucker for electronics and shopping for them. Anytime I even mention that I might want something of this nature- he is ON IT! He called me the other day so excited because he had found a "good deal" on a Wii. He brought it home saying that we could sell it or keep it and have some fun. So, what do you think we did? Of course we kept it. He also bought the Wii Fit and I must say it is pretty cool! As you can see from the video below, Connor loves to play it too! He will say, "I wanna watch" and that means that you sit him up on the coffee table between us so he can see and he watches us play. He is so cute because he gets so excited!


4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Tennis pro like his AnAm! I love this video!!! He is too cute. I hate that it will be a while before I see him again. I miss him!

Kandi said...

Sounds just like Brandon about electronics. He has been like a kid in a candy store over his laptop. Now he is all about a iphone! We love our Wii and Brandon wanted to buy the Wii Fit for me, but I declined thinking I wouldn' be able to do it with the kids probably wanting to try. Is it worth getting? Do you like the fitness things they have on it? I know nothing about it!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

This is hilarious! You can totally tell that Brad is only doing this for Connor's enjoyment!What a good Daddy! :) I am sure that you are having fun with this. Darby and Stan have one and we always enjoy playing theirs when we go to TN! Have fun!

Betty said...

Oh! Connor has had plenty of Wii exposure at Ms.Betty's! So...don't think he doesn't have a few "tricks" up his sleeve :)))

He is one smart cookie!