Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween


We had such a fun Halloween this year! Connor really got into it, much more than any of us would have thought. He has been fascinated with pumpkins and loves looking at them and picking them out as we drive. Brad took the small pumpkin to carve and I took the big one. The picture shows me working on the small one because Brad cut the top off and couldnt get his hand in there to clean it out. The carving wasnt as fun as I anticipated because Connor woke up cranky from his nap. He loved them once they were finished though! Since Grandma (Gigi) was still here, her and Nonna came over and got to see Connor for his first real Halloween. Last year we just dressed him up and walked around with him. But this year he really got into the trick or treating. After the first house, he knew just what to do. He grabbed his pumpkin and off he went to get "more canny" as he calls it. Of course he was eating it the whole way in between houses. So cute! The funniest thing though was that he got so excited when kids came to our door. He would make the cutest face and go running and screaming to the door and HE wanted to give out the candy! I got a few videos of this for you to see what I am talking about. I am pretty sure that he didnt get settled down for bed until 11 pm. We got to experience this child hyped up on sugar for the first time! Oh my gosh, it was hilarious. The next morning I had to wake him up at 9:30! Ha!
Grandma and Nonna- we are so glad that you all could come and hang out with us. Connor really enjoyed having you all there!

Connor and Mommy working hard on the pumpkins.


Mommy's Mickey Mouse pumpkinDaDa's boring pumpkin face. Just kidding I think he did a good job for it being his first pumpkin in years! He isnt the creative type if you cant already tell. Ha!Connor's "Happy Halloween" balloons and Blue from An Am and Pete!





The cutest lil' monkey I ever saw! Thanks Ms. Betty for the costume, it was adorable!
Can we go now, Mom?
and we're off...

His very first "trick or treat"
I want suckers!
Going to our door to surprise Gigi! She stayed and handed out candy while we trick or treated since her back wont allow her to walk to far.




We arent sure what this pose was? Monkey pose, maybe?

So we all decided to do our monkey pose!

Uh Oh, the clothes are starting to come off...

and this is our Connor high on sugar!

8 comments:

Betty said...

Oh! How cute is he! I am sooo happy you guys had such a fun Halloween! Now...that he has had a taste of sugar and candy...be ready for more F-U-N :))))

Anonymous said...

Tara I love it!! Connor is soooo cute. I love the monkey costume, I could just eat him up. It must be so much fun since he is at that age where he could really get into it. I keep wondering where were your and Brad's costumes?:) Miss ya'll.

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

LOVE IT!!! He is the cutest little monkey ever! This brings back so many memories of years of you, me, Lacy, and Brett "trick or treating!"

Nikki said...

I love all of the pics. Connor's costume was really cute. I feel like Sailor is always on the sugar high, our living always looks like that!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So cute! I love the monkey costume and you did great on the Mickey pumpkin! Looks like yall had fun. Hopefully we can make it to more than 2 houses next year!

The Davis Family said...

Conner made the cutest little monkey I've ever seen! Love the pumpkins!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Love the costume. Also...I have to say that I am impressed with your pumpkin carving skills. I hate to say that our pumpkin is still sitting on our porch uncarved :)

Ashley said...

What a cute little monkey!!