Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold day at the farm

For Dad's birthday we met at Cracker Barrell and ate the breakfast of champions and then by Dad's wish for his birthday we went to the farm and worked on cleaning out fence rows. Have I mentioned that everyone in my family are very hard workers? Most people want to spend their birthdays with a little rest and relaxation, but not my Dad! We accomplished a lot since everyone was there to help. Thanks to Aunt Hillary for playing with Connor while I helped. It was pretty cold out but since we were working most of the time it helped to warm us up. Connor had a great time, playing golf, watching the cows, running around the farm, playing in Bretts truck, and just watching us mostly. As you saw in the last picture, he was worn out from the day.

Connor watching Uncle Carson digging the very deep hole.He wasnt up to digging...Holding on to Uncle Brett's leg when Grandy started the scary chainsaw!Connor and his Aunt Hillary walking to see the cows. If you look closely you will see that one hand is stuck in his "snack trap". He fell asleep while eating his Cheerios literally!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Looks like a fun day with the family! I will have to admit I will always pick relaxing over working on my birthday! HA! It was sweet of you all to pitch in and help! Connor looks precious all bundled up. So cute that he fell asleep with his hand in his snack trap. Does yours really work? The one I bought, still lets everything spill out. You will have to let me know what brand yours is.

Betty said...

I prefer a day of rest, pampering, dinner-out, and possibly a shopping spree!!! Yeah right! Who am I kidding!!!! That only happens when PIGS FLY :0)

This was a special gift that only cost time together which made it all the more SPECIAL!!!

Don't our children just look loke angels while sleeping after a hard day of PLAY!

Ashley said...

Awe, big day huh? Very cute!