Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, November 21, 2008

So I have been tagged again...twice

I had already participated in this because I was tagged by Lacy first, but since I have been tagged twice since then I decided to take the game one step further and use 5's! Here is how to play...find the 5th folder, 5th picture and write 5 things about it and tag 5 more people. I loved that I came across this picture because it brings back some great memories for me!

5 things about this picture...

1. This picture is of Me, Mom, my Great Aunt Grace, Great Uncle Bern, Grandma, Uncle Blake and Aunt Linda. It was taken at my grandmothers house in Lewiston, NY (Niagara Falls) on a visit that me and Mom took in the spring of 2004. (since they would be my Mom's Great Aunt/Uncle- would that make it my Great Great Aunt/Uncle? I said Great because Uncle Bern was my Great Grandfathers brother. Are you confused? I think I just confused myself.)

2. Since we were there Uncle Bern and Aunt Grace wanted to come and visit us. I can remember we sat at the table and talked all about all of the things that Uncle Bern and Aunt Grace had done in their lifetime. Amazing stories! They truly were the "greatest generation". Wars, depression, you name it they have seen it.

3. I was amazed at how sharp they both were. Uncle Bern was well into his 90's in this picture. I cant remember exactly how old, but at the time he still drove and did everything for himself. Uncle Bern has since passed away, but Aunt Grace is doing well.

4. My Uncle Bern was the only living sibling at the time of my Great Grandfather who I have lots of memories of. He reminded me so much of him.

5. I have always marveled at the wisdom and knowledge of my elders. I can only hope to be as sharp when I am that age!

I tag five more people... (sorry if you have already been tagged, I cant keep up anymore)
and so it continues...
1. Betty Apple
2. Tabitha Butler
3. Rachel Brown
4. Carrie Hayes
5. Denira Williams

2 comments:

Betty said...

OH! I am A HISTORY major and LOVE LOVE LOVE PICS and the stories behind them! So...I will do my best!!!

By the way...You always have the perfect Miss America smile!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

That is a great picture, and an even greater story to go with it! I hope I can still be with it when I'm 90....I don't think I'm that with it now! HA!