Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Almost 2!

The terrible twos are definitely here! Dont get me wrong Connor is pure joy and so much fun these days, but there are days when I am "worn down" pretty bad from all of the whining, crying, and indecisiveness of this little boy. His vocabulary has grown quite a bit in the last month and he is now saying 4 and 5 word sentences! Where has my baby gone? Yesterday he told me, "I want more chocolate milk." and "I dont like that apple juice." I was stunned. First of all that he could even say chocolate milk, but mostly for putting all of it together. Today when he woke up from his nap he came into the kitchen where I had been working on the Christmas decor for the church I am doing and said, "Whoo-whee, it's a mess." Again, I was stunned. At least he noticed that it was a mess though. I have to give him extra credit for that! With all of the communication comes some frustration though because now he is so indecisive. He will say he wants something (which by the way I am a little tired of hearing that phrase- I want. I guess I had better get used to it though, hugh?). I get up and get it and then he tells me, "No, I dont like it." Sometimes we will go through this scenario up to 5 times until he finally agrees with something. He has also learned the phrase, "Stop it" and we are doing time out for this one. I knew he was going to learn things but I guess I didnt realize it would be so soon. I suppose that is where the phrase "terrible twos" came from. Today I had to go to the doctor for a sinus infection and the whole staff in the office was looking through the sliding glass window to see who was making all of the racket. When I finally got into the exam room, the doctor must have heard all of the noise and commotion because he came in and said, "Tara, I will be with you in just a second" as to say ("hang in there, I dont want to have to treat you for a mental breakdown!")
I have also been struggling with Connors eating habits. He will only eat a few select foods and lately hasnt been eating those very well. He seems to think that snacks are the only thing that he needs to eat. Ha! Any advice anyone might have on this who has been through it, my ears are open! Tonight I stood my ground and he hardly had anything to eat the whole day. Hopefully he will get it soon. I know they say that they will eat when they get hungry, but it is hard not to worry sometimes.
SO, that is what I have been up to around here. Despite how it might sound, I am loving this age and everything that comes with it. I love watching Connor learn new things and he continues to amaze me with his awesome memory. Another quick story... the other day we were on our way to the store and we passed the cemetery where Pawpaw is buried and Connor pointed and said, "It's Pawpaw". I looked at Brad and said, "Did he just say what I think he said?" Brad wasnt convinced but I know he did because right after he died whenever we would drive by it I would tell him that is where Pawpaw is. He also knows that he is in Heaven, but since I stop by there from time to time I thought he might want to know why we were visiting. It is crazy what they remember at this age.
I wanted to include these pictures of the other night so you could see what a happy boy he is most of the time. I know this is just a phase. I am just trying to enjoy every little minute because his childhood is flying by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is still the cutest thing ever!!
And smart!! I agree about his memory. He amazes me also. Dad and I both said you guys better be careful what you say because he going to repeat it.
You are a great mom Tara. Try not to pull all your hair out.
Love you all! Mom (Nonna)

Lori and Linda said...

I won't be anounymous anymore.

Anonymous said...

I am AMAZED by his sentences! How awesome!!!

The Deakins said...

The Dr's is one of my fav new shows on tv and they had a boy about same age, wouldn't eat. Dr's sat down with the boy and didn't put any food on his plate but everyone else in family did have food on their plates. Well, the toddler got jealous and started picking food off the other plates next to him and ate more than he had ever eaten before. The parents were amazed. Even things the toddler didn't like he would eat just bc he didn't have any on his plate. I thought it was genius and haven't dealt with many different children in childcare had never heard of that before! Will definetely try it with mine!
Do you not hear "I want" from Brad all the time??? I love selective hearing!
He is a cutie and can't believe how fast he seems to be growing. Keep up with the pictures and capture every moment!

Wadsworth Family- said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this! Amanda

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Oh my gosh he is the cutest...I could squeeze him! He is soo happy! I know that it must be tough...ahh, I'm dreading those terrible twos! Hang in there..you can make it!