Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, November 21, 2008

just a little bump in the road...



Every day it seems like there is another bump or scrape. This has been the worst so far. Connor was wrestling with his Daddy on the couch and when he went to get off he hit the corner of the coffee table very hard! I picked him up and watched this huge knot appear in a matter of seconds right before my eyes. We tried ice, but he would have nothing to do with it. The funny thing is as bad as it looks he didnt cry that long at all. We let him watch Mickey, as we knew that would cheer him right up and keep his mind off of the new "boo boo". Earlier in the day he smashed his fingers in the bi-fold door upstairs. Lately he likes to go into the linen closet and hide. I hope this accident scares him enough not to go in there because sometimes it takes me forever to find him! LOL He is all boy for sure. Last night he was riding his wooden rocking horse while standing on it with one foot! Just another day in the life of a 2 year old.

7 comments:

Betty said...

OUCH!!! Well...this is just the beginning! Welcome to TODDLER WORLD ALL-AMERICAN BOY style :)!

Denira Baird Williams said...

I guess this is what I have to look forward to with having a boy!!!! He's still so adorable even with the knot on his head!!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Aww...bless his heart! I bet Brad is so proud that he is such a tough little boy though!

The Davis Family said...

Oh my! What a tough little boy!

Nikki said...

Don't you just hurt for the little guy. I am sure there will be so many more :(

sharon said...

Connor is the cutest little boy even with the knot on his head.
Do you know, i have not ever got to see Connor. I've not seen you guys in a very long time either.
Maybe Christmas.
Love you all
Aunt Sharon

The Deakins said...

Turner got one just like that at the Beach this past summer and I thought I was going to have the cops called us bc he did it at the hotel and was out in the hallway! It looked just like Connors! You know it hurts too! I didn't realize that his birthday was the day after Turner's either. Turner's is December 17th and Molly is due December 19th! we aren't very good at planning! I don't recommend it for your second! Very hard financially!