Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back at home

Wow, I feel like this last two weeks has been a blur. Last week my grandmother was here, Brad, Connor and I were all sick, Halloween came and went, the election, and then Aunt Susie's passing. It has been a hard week, but I must say that the services for our Susie were beautiful and very touching. I was easy to see how she touched so many lives. I didnt realize all of things that she had done for the good of Coalfield High. She started the first softball team in Morgan County, helped raise money for the athletics program, and was a mentor to a lot of the girls and other students who needed guidance. In her eulogy they talked about how she increased the graduation rate at Coalfield because she encouraged her students to continue their education. She was there for 28 years. We found a letter while going through some of her personal things and it was so touching. I read it during the service so that everyone could see just how special this woman was, as if they didnt already know. In a nutshell the letter was from a guy who was about to graduate and basically just explained how much she had meant to him, he loved her and that he was going to make her very proud of him. So sweet. There were so many people there, I am pretty sure the whole city of Coalfield came. My heart really went out to the students. There were so many of them. On Tuesday we had the graveside service and there werent many people at the funeral home, but when we arrived at the cemetery it was unbelievable! Such a tribute to a special lady. I am so glad that we got to see her the weekend before last. It was a great visit. I just cant believe that it was our last. She was at the football game the night that she died and everyone said she seemed well. She died in her bed of a heart attack sometime between that night and Saturday morning. It just goes to show that you dont know what day will be your last. This really puts things into perspective for me.

We are all getting better with our colds now, just congested for the most part. Tomorrow will be my first day back to work since last Wednesday! It is going to take me a whole week just to catch up, I am afraid. I am so behind on my posts. I will be posting Halloween pictures soon too. I took so many I dont know where to start. Ha!

The election is finally over, thank goodness! Can I say that this was the fastest I have voted since I started to vote! We were in and out in 5 minutes. No lines. We got there at 5 pm on Tuesday on our way back into town and just thought that we would be waiting forever. So glad I didnt early vote and wait in line now! Didnt turn out the way I would have liked, but I didnt really think it would. I am very interested to see what is going to happen this first year. We all need to pray for our new leader and our country!

Here are some pics I took while being in Rockwood this week. On Sunday the family was getting Susie's affairs in order and there really wasnt much for me to do so Connor and I enjoyed taking in the scenery down by the lake. I took the pictures below of Connor playing in the leaves, etc. Even though I grew up in Rockwood, I am always amazed at how quiet and peaceful it is there. Just so entirely different from where we live now. I love it in Spring Hill, but there is nothing like looking out and seeing the mountains with their beautiful fall colors and hearing the birds chirping and the water. It is so beautiful this time of year, my favorite season- Fall!In the car on the way there.Can you imagine seeing this in your backyard every day? Grannie and Pops sure are lucky!

This is fun, Mommy!

Throwing leaves in the air.

Going to the lake.

Connor had fun with his cousin Kaitlyn this week. So amazing that there was so much difference in size last year, now they are about caught up. Kaitlyn is 2 1/2 yrs and Connor 22 months.

3 comments:

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

It was so great to see you all...I just hate that it was under the circumstances!!! Connor is so cute...I cannot believe how big he is!

Nikki said...

I am glad you all had such a good trip even under the circumstances. I am so sorry we were unable to make it to the services Mom and Heather said it was very nice. Sailor had a sleep study at Children's Hospital on Sunday night through Monday and she was wiped out so we were unable to make it. That is another story but I wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and Brad and your whole family and still praying for you guys. That is so true what you said about never knowing what tomorrow will bring. Sorry for the long comment. Take care.

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I hated so badly to hear about Brad's aunt! Sounds like the services were great though! We will continue to pray for your family!