Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Its been awhile...

I know a lot of you have probably been wondering where I have been or if I have left the blogging world. We have been busy, but mostly I just needed a little break from blogging and have had so many other things that I need to do when I am on the computer. The past month have flown by and I cant believe that Thanksgiving is in two weeks! Wow! For some reason I dont feel like it should be time for turkey and Christmas trees. Usually by this time, I am itching to put up my tree and get decorated so that when Thanksgiving is over it is all up and I can enjoy it. I have taken on a decorating job this year and will be decorating a church in Gallatin for Christmas. It is going to be interesting to say the least because they want it up and ready the week of Thanksgiving! I think once this is behind me, I will be ready to do my own.

We have been spending most of our Saturdays in Rockwood with the family taking care of Susie's things. It is so sad going through all of the memories, pictures, and letters that were left behind and not knowing exactly what to do with them. There are the obvious things that were sentimental to certain people, but then there are things that we have no idea what they were from or what they meant to this special person. Especially since she had no children or a living spouse to share it with or to tell us what it was.

Another thing that we have been dealing with is sickness. Tis the season! Connor got a cold, then we all got it, got over it, and now Connor has another one and I think I am getting that one too. He has had an awful cough all week, but I think he is getting a little better each day. Hopefully we will get over all of this and be back to normal before Thanksgiving and all of the fun happenings in December- Brad's birthday, Connors birthday, Christmas parties, and so on... I promise I wont be this long between posts or at least I will try not to. Hope you all are well and enjoying the season!

3 comments:

GrannieT said...

Hi all, You know I'm too old and too impatient to blog like you all do but I do write in my journal as often as I can. My notes about the last few weeks are all about the sadness and the grief we carry from the loss of Susie. But the most uplifting note I made was about how wonderful my family is and how blessed I am. The grief and the need to work on finalizing Susie's things has brought us all even closer and strengthened the bond that we have. Sorry for the long comment but I wanted to reinforced how very blessed we Thompsons are.

Tara said...

We are very blessed! I have been thinking the very same thing through all of this. It has been great to spend so much time with everyone, I just wish it were because of different circumstances. Love yall!
Tara

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Glad your back! I've missed reading about your sweet family! Hope everyone gets well soon and stays that way! You have lots of big occasions coming up!!!