Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Neal Annual Bonfire/Hayride

Last night we went to the Neal annual weenie roast. I was really eager for Connor to go back since he was so little last year. As soon as he got out of the car and saw the huge bonfire he said, "HOT!" I was so glad to see that he wasn't very interested in getting too close to it and kept his distance. He had fun watching Dada and Grandy roast hot dogs and marshmallows for us. Mmm, smores are my favorite! We decided to bypass the hayride again this time because it was pretty cold and Connor was tired. We had a great time and my only regret was that my Pawpaw wasnt there to be with us. This time last year he was sick and we didnt yet know that it was the cancer. He was definitely missed. I think my Grandmother had a great time and we tease her all the time that she keeps a tighter schedule than we do because she always has somewhere to go. I am glad that she is keeping busy and am enjoying getting to see her more often. Here are a few pictures of our night.





2 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Sounds like fun!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I miss your family!