Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cheer Up Daddy!









We had a rough weekend here at the Thompson household. To start on Thursday night Connor started vomiting in his sleep right after I put him to bed. I thought that he had just eaten to much so I picked him up, changed him and the sheets and put him back to bed. I left and turned on the monitor and heard him 5 minutes later doing it all over again. It turns out he contracted a virus at Betty's (his sitter) house from another little boy about his same age. I found this out when I called her to let her know that he wouldnt be coming over the next day and she told me that Connor was trying to drink out of his sippy cup a couple of days before. Well, luckily it didnt last too long for little Connor! However, Brad came down with it on Sunday morning at 3:00 am and it lasted all night, and all day. To make matters even more interesting we had an Open House scheduled for Sunday also, plus we were expecting a visit from Grannie, Poppa, and An Am and her new boyfriend Pete. Brad insisted that he felt OK and he thought things were getting better so we told Brads parent to come on for the visit since they were already on their way. They ended up only staying for a few hours since Brad was still feeling bad. Sorry guys!!! We hate that you all came all this way for just a short trip! We will see you again soon!


The rest of the day consisted of me cleaning and getting ready to leave the house to go to my parents before the Open House started. Poor Brad stayed quarantined upstairs while Connor and I played with Nonna and Grandy downstairs. Needless to say, by the end of the day Connor and I were pooped! Brad started to feel better that evening and went back to work on Monday! The strange thing about all of this is that I have been cleaning it all up, plus I am around Connor more and I have YET to get it. I pray that I DONT after seeing Brad battle the virus. I guess it is harder on adults than infants- whew! The one GOOD thing that came out of the weekend is that we had a showing on Saturday that went very well, and our Open House was a success with 5 families showing up. Everyone liked the house and 3 of the families were very interested. One of the families has called our realtor to say that they will probably want a second showing on Saturday morning!! Yaahhh! I hope we get a couple of offers soon! I cant believe we are set to close on the new house the Friday after next!


Here are some pictures of Connor trying to cheer his Daddy up since he gave him the sickness! This is the lil' Chipper Braves uniform that Brad got him at the Braves game a couple of months ago. Doesn't he look adorable! Connor is already showing signs of being a star baseball player. He LOVES when we play ball with him!! He is working on his curve right now, Ha! not really...
Stay tuned for some pictures of Connor in another teams gear, Nonna and Grandy leave this week for Yankee Stadium and I am sure there will be something in the suitcase for Connor when they get back!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

love that little outfit! my son will definitely have to have one of those :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad that everyone is feeling better!! You just have that good mommy immune system. I swear my mom never got sick when I was growing up!

Anonymous said...

Connor looks so cute in his baseball gear! I love the pictures. He's a natural in front of the camera!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time Sunday, so sorry that Brad was sick. So far none of us have it, hopefully that will last. I got a look at Pops' foot tonight and the wound is so tiny now it is unbelievable. He is well on his way to recovery, finally! Love the Braves pics! See you all soon. Love, Grannie