Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Things are starting to fall into place...

After a week of nothing by worry and STRESS, I think things might be starting to fall into place. The past week has been a whirlwind of decisions about what we should do about the house that we have a contract on and our existing home. The news hasn't made us feel much better about a already bad situation with the housing market! Every time I turn around, I am hearing how bad it is and that it is going to get worse. Almost every financial expert I have heard has advised people not to sell now, if you can possibly help it. We were seriously considering trying to get out of our contract with the new house because of the mortgage downfall and due to the fact that we might be paying "twice" the house payment for a while until we sell our house. Yesterday at noon, we officially decided that we were going to back out of the contract using the inspection contingency. However, late in the afternoon several things changed and we actually got an OFFER late last night. We countered because it was a little lower than we were wanting, plus they want a sale contingency, which was my biggest fear all along. The couple is relocating from Memphis so that makes us a little hesitant because we don't know that market very well. Please pray for us that we will reach an agreement! It would make all of this much more settling if we knew that we had a contract on OUR house!!! We are at a little less than 3 weeks from our closing! Time is sure moving quickly! I guess I will spend the rest of my day- guess... PACKING!

6 comments:

Brett&Hillary said...

Oh Tara I am praying, praying praying!!!

Anonymous said...

We hope all goes well, and will keep you in are prayers. Matt, Pam, and Kaitlyn

Darby said...

I will keep praying!!! Keep me updated!

Anonymous said...

Brad and Tara! This is great news! You always make the best and right decisions. I am so proud of you both and your beautiful family. Just pray that Amanda is successful in selling her house as well. Love you! Mom(Grannie)

Tabitha said...

Oh, guys this must be so hard for you. I will pray for you too. It's all going to work itself out.

Anonymous said...

that is good news Tara! I pray that everything falls into place!!!