Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Some downtime at Home







I am at home for most of this week with Connor because his babysitter is on vacation and I am having SO MUCH FUN with Connor! I am amazed by how much he is changing right now. He is learning and taking in EVERYTHING! He has also gotten very smart about trying to manipulate me with his whining and screaming when he wants to be held. I don't think we give babies enough credit for being as smart as they really are. I really need to be spending my time packing, however I really just want to spend ALL of my time with Connor. Also, I am going to take this week to get Connor back on his sleeping schedule. He always gets outta whack when we go out of town it seems. Lets just say that on Sunday night, Connor was awake from 1:00 -3:30 crying. Brad ended up taking him for a drive just to get him to stop crying and go to sleep. The past two nights he has been awake at least 5 times. It usually takes me at least a week to get him back on track, then it is time to go somewhere else. I think I am going to have to be incessant and try to stay at home until we can get Connor sleeping through the night. However, our doors our always open for anyone that would like to visit us! Here are some pictures of Connor playing with my birthday balloon!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How nice it is to have some time at home!! I know the feeling of needing to get things done, but wanting to play all day!! :)

Denira Baird Williams said...

these are great pictures!!!