Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

English Garden Tea Room

Our entire family has been very busy lately! I am so excited to announce that my Mom's dreams of owning and operating a Tea House are finally becoming a reality! As most of you know, my Aunt Linda moved here last year from New York and they have been working on plans to open a Tea House together! Aunt Linda owned a very successful antique business and has also helped a friend by working at her Tea House in NY. As you can imagine this is right up both of their allies! My Mom will do the baking, which is her passion and my Aunt Linda will make the Tea House look beautiful with her gift of decorating and knowledge of antiques, among many other things! I am so excited for them both, since they have lived such a long distance apart for most of their lives and now they get to share this opportunity together! My only regret is that it will be so far away from where I live, that I wont get to help out as much as I would like to.

After looking for the perfect house for almost a year, they FINALLY found this one and it is all falling into place! The house is downtown Gallatin and is already zoned commercial, which is a HUGE deal because that was going to be a long, tedious process to go through if not. Also, there was another piece of land next to it that they bought along with it for their parking lot. How perfect! The house is also extremely rare as it is a New Orleans shotgun style house believed to have been built around 1886 & moved to the current location around 1930. I haven't actually seen the house myself, but as I am told it doesn't need any work done to it all. There is a spiral staircase that is really pretty from the pictures!

I will keep you posted on the opening of the English Garden. Right now it is planned for mid October! Please pray that everything will go smoothly for their closing on Monday and that God will bless the English Garden!

9 comments:

Brett&Hillary said...

I am so excited for the Opening!! It has finally come true!!!! It will be the best one in town, a true Tea House!!!

Lindsey said...

that is so exciting! I would love to have my own business like that! Tell her congrats and I cant wait to visit :)

Anonymous said...

I AM SO THRILLED FOR LORI!!!! Praise the Lord for the answered prayers! I want to be one of their 1st customers! It will be wonderful!!! Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

This house is too cute. I might just have to make a trip up there with Kaitlyn to experience my very 1st tea room! Pam

Courtney said...

I am so excited for your mom and her sister! What a fun and exciting opportunity. That house is beautiful and looks like it oozes charm. I can't wait to hear more about it.... bridal showers and little girl birthday tea parties! I will be praying for them this coming week, but it sounds like the Lord has layed down his perfect plan.

Darby said...

I am so excited that their dream is finally coming true!!! I can't wait to come eat!!! I love yall!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is so exciting to do something that has always been a dream. I can only imagine what that would feel like. The very best of everything to Lori and Linda. I know it will be a huge success! Grannie

Tabitha said...

That is so great for them! I know your mom must be thrilled. The house looks so cute too. It'll be a one of a kind Tea House. Congratulations to your mom and Aunt.

Denira Baird Williams said...

This is really awesome! I'll keep your mom in my prayers as she starts this!! It sounds so exciting!!!