Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Connor's new favorite show


Wonder Pets! We discovered this show about a month back and have been loving it ever since. Connor loves it for the music and fun animal characters. The show's main characters are three elementary school classroom pets — Linny the Guinea Pig, Turtle Tuck, and Ming-Ming Duckling. They are presented as a trio of heroes who rescue baby animals as they demonstrate the benefits of teamwork. When they return to their classroom they are rewarded by a piece of celery and they retreat back to thier cages till the "phone" rings again calling them to duty. How do I know so much about this show? Well, I am kind of embarrassed to say that Brad and I actually like watching this show too when it is on. It is kind of hard not to... They are just so stinking cute and the music is so catchy. I challenge anyone to watch an episode and NOT sing it in your head for the duration of the day. Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, We're on our way, to help the baby animals and save the day, we're not too big and we're not to tough, but when we work together we've got the right stuff. Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, Yaaaahhhhh! Oh goodness, I am definitely a Mom when I start doing posts about shows on Nick Jr....

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Tara, I will have to check this out because I really have trouble handling shows like the Wiggles, but I know Sailor will just love them!

Brett&Hillary said...

Tara I have seen this show a few times myself!!! Bri loves Nick and Disney!!! Any cartoons or Hannah Montana!! You know those shows are really entertaining...

Jeremy and Lacy said...

You are hilarious! I totally understand though. I find myself humming the music from Baby Einstein and Veggie Tales. What have we come to...singing kids showtunes!! HA! I love it!

Wadsworth Family- said...

We love this show too! Have seen the episode where "There's a puppy, who has to go Pee-Pee!", "But he can't, cause he's stuck in the house." Yes, we know all the songs too!