Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Look at what I can do!




Does he really have to pull out "every" toy?

And our lives will never be the same... Connor is into everything he can get his hands on. Anything that looks dangerous, that is! He even flipped (yes flipped!) out of his crib a couple of weeks ago trying to get to his diaper holder that hangs on his crib. The reason I know he flipped is because he was lying with his head against the side of the crib that he fell out of. Brad and I felt TERRIBLE because we didnt even think to lower his crib! We knew he was starting to pull up on his knees and it just didnt even dawn on us. He managed to miss a wooden trunk, and his dresser both just inches away! Thank God! Brad and I were downstairs and we heard a thud! He had just been laid down for a nap and we knew he was playing. We both ran up there and he just laid there. No tears, no scream. He just had a blank look on his face and he smiled as soon as I picked him up trying to get to a picture frame on the shelf! Now he can stand in his crib, which means that I pretty much have to keep checking on him till he goes to sleep because I am terrified that it will happen again and he will really hurt himself.
He is such a joy these days! I hate leaving him every morning that I go to work because is just so sweet and loveable in the mornings! I am trying to cherish these days because I know they probably wont last forever. Almost all kids go through the talking back stage where they rebel against everything. I can already tell he is pretty strong willed. He loves to throw and claps after he has done so. I always smile, laugh, and clap right on back. Not sure if this is something that I should encourage though... Ha!
Well, have to go. Supper time for Connor, Cooper barking frantically, tornado warning, home alone... Have a good night!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

tornado warning really? wow... and i am sure that wont be the last time you hear that thud ha, part of being a mom to a boy :)

Brett&Hillary said...

Connor you are just so dang cute!!! You have the cutest little face and smile, but you are just growing up so fast....Only 42 more days until your BIRTHDAY!!!!

We love you Connor!!!

Love Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary

Jeremy and Lacy said...

He is so cute. I love that last picture of him...he looks like a little man!