Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

What I've been into...







Well, it is Thanksgiving night and I am officially "stuffed"! No pun intended. I like most of you, dont feel like doing anything so I thought I would take the time to relax and catch up on some blogging. I have been neglecting it lately, I know.



I thought I would update you all on what Connor has been up to lately. He is pulling up on everything now and walks along the furniture. I think he might be walking at his birthday, but based on how long it has taken him to reach his other milestones it might be later. He is getting much more challenging to feed at meal times. He likes to feed himself and I have found it extremely difficult to find table food to give him since he has a milk allergy. Almost all of the toddler and stage 3 foods they have out there have whey or the milk protein in it so it is off limits. He likes hot dogs a lot and I have found some turkey Vienna sausages with no milk additives. Connor also LOVES the Gerber Graduates freeze dried corn and fruits. At meal times he fusses until I put them on his tray. I wish he would find something cheaper to like because those suckers are like $3 for a small bag and he goes through them in like 2 or 3 days! He wont eat fruit cocktail from a can because of the slimy consistency. I hate that he is still eating so much baby food but it is one of the only ways I can get him to eat all of the veggies, meats and fruits that a growing boy needs. Connor is also learned that it is much more fun to throw food than eat it. It is so embarrassing to go out because of the mess we leave behind. I cant imagine that this is going to get much better as time goes by. He has been sleeping better but still has his nights. For the past few weeks Connor has been waking up at 2:30 and wants to be fed. Since I am nursing him in the morning and at night, he only wants me. However, when I attempt to rock him back to sleep he fights me with everything he has and will cry for about 2 hours until I feed him. I am going to have to start weaning him soon, so this might be the reason to start if nothing else than to break this habit. Connor is babbling more and more each day and loves to copy everything we do. He is still such a happy and curious little boy. I still cant believe that in a month we will be celebrating his 1st birthday!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and reflected on all that you had to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving! Oh and for all of you Black Friday shoppers- have fun fighting the crowds and be safe!

0 comments: