Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Which one?


Canon - PowerShot 7.1MP Digital ELPH Camera- $249






Canon - PowerShot 8.0MP Digital Camera- $299

Well, our camera broke last week and now I am on the hunt for the new one. I had my mind set on a a small camera, like the Canon Elph (pictured first) so that I could carry it in my purse wherever I go to catch all of those times when we are out that Connor decides to do something cute that is picture worthy. Then, Brad showed me the latter of the two since it is similar to the one we had before. It has a 10x optical zoom, the smaller one only has a 3x. We like the zoom lense when we are taking shots outside. My first thought is that Connor wont be playing sports for quite a while and the way technology changes, I will probably be ready for a new one by then. On the other hand, it has so many more features that the small one doesnt. But it wont be small enough to carry around in my purse like I wanted... See the dilemma. Which one would you pick?

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I really love my smaller camera, however now i want one with a zoom on it.. ha sorry i cant be of much help since i am in limbo myself :)

Ashley said...

I would go with the smaller, you will not be happy when you miss a great Conner moment because it was too big to take with you.

Anonymous said...

i would go with the smaller...i would worry more about the megapixels than the zoom for now. i like mine but i wish that the delay was a little shorter...sometimes i miss the faces because it delays when i take the picture. i think i have a sony cybershot...but i will have to make sure when i get it back. i like it!

Tara said...

Thanks guys for your suggestions... This is a hard one for me. I have been leaning towards the larger camera, but now I dont know what to do. My biggest dilemma is that Brad hates taking pictures (actually taking them himself). He is not looking forward to having a small camera and said that his hands are to big to use it. My fear is that he wont be as eager to take pics ever again with the Elph. However,I am the photographer in the family so I guess it doesnt matter that much.

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Thats a hard one, but I do love that mine is so small. I would not want to take it all of the time if it were so big! Let us know!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Okay, So i'm going to be different. I say get the larger one. Having a zoom, to me is way more important. Plus it looks like the larger one is just a better camera in general. I would say, buy the larger one and then get a cheaper (you can get a pretty cheap good digital camera) smaller one to carry with ya! Just my thoughts!!

Wadsworth Family- said...

Tara, we have the bigger one. We love it,however, it doesn't fit into my pocket when I really need it too.

Lou said...

I love your blog! When I'm having a bad day, I check in to see what Connor is doing and I always smile. Thanks.