Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Prayers Needed

Sorry, I havent been good at posting lately. It has been busy around our house. However, I wanted to update you on my Grandfather (we call him Pawpaw). If nothing else to get you to PRAY for our family and for him!
Yesterday, he went back to the doctor to get the results from his biopsy that he had last week. The news wasnt good. We found out that he has small cell lung cancer and it is inoperable. As I am learning more about this disease, it sounds like it is the most aggressive kind and it is incurable. The treatment plan will consist of chemo and radiation to try and shrink it and keep it from spreading any further. They are going to do another scan to see if it has spread anywhere else in the body, which is what we can all pray for now, that it hasnt and they will be able to control it in that one spot. Also, please pray for my grandmother. I am really worried about her as well. My grandfather seems to be doing as well as can be expected. He has always been one to not want any of us to make a fuss over him or worry about him. My hope is that during the holidays we can stay as optimistic and upbeat as possible so it will make him more comfortable. He is a very strong man and I think he will do better with his treatments if he doesnt see us getting upset. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Tara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitley thinking about and praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was from Amanda