Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Basketball, Taekwondo, and a tired boy!


I am sitting here watching the Tennessee vs. Louisville game and it isnt pretty so far. I am sitting alone on the couch because guess where Brad is? Charlotte..at the game. I sure hope that things get better because he drove all day to get there and will drive all night after the game to come back! I told him I thought he was nuts. This just shows you how nuts he is over Tennessee basketball. He even asked me to tape the game. Umm, I dont really understand but I didnt ask questions. If things dont get better, I am not sure he will want to watch this again though.

Tonight was a crazy one! I have been busting it every chance that I can to get my classes in to be able to test this weekend. Last night got me to my minimum requirement to be able to test for my black belt. Needless to say since Brad wasnt here, I didnt have any other option than to take Connor along. I didnt arrange for a sitter and I have been wanting to try this for a while to see how Connor would do. I knew things didnt look good when I came home from Ms. Betty's and Connor was already acting tired. I think he is fighting something off right now or going through a growth spurt because he has been sleeping A LOT the past few days. I thought I would try and take the Pack n Play, but knew it was a huge waste of time and energy because Connor hates being pinned in anywhere. When we got there I sat him down in the floor with two other kids, whose parents I know that take class. Riley who is 9 was going to watch him for me. He started playing and I got out of there without him noticing, but it didnt take long before he was looking all over for me. He cried and cried and I thought, "Oh brother, what do I do now?" Thanks a million to Kendra Rennel who picked him up and held him the entire time! I felt so bad because she was there to take class but she insisted that she knew her form and was fine for testing. She knew I needed the class and it was so sweet of her! Connor cried for the first 5 minutes of class which was a little embarrassing because it is very quiet during class times. I thought about leaving to attend to him but I knew if I did, it would only make it worse when I left again. Sure enough he stopped and the next thing I know he was asleep on her shoulder! It was so sweet! The funny thing is that Robert (Kendra's husband who also takes class with me) told me that she has been wanting another baby! Robert said, "Thanks a lot, Tara!" Ha! Oops sorry! I was watching Kendra and she was stroking Connors hair as she was rocking him making the sweetest faces at Robert! I had to laugh!

Please pray for me that I can pull through the testing on Saturday. It is early in the morning which is another challenge because of my lack of flexibility at that time. The only thing that I am nervous about is my form. I am a senior red belt and am supposed to have it perfected by now, but because I left for a 19 month hiatus after I earned the rank I had to learn it all over again. I will have to break boards, and spar, along with my form. The boards are also a little tricky because if you dont set them right, they wont break. Like I said, please pray that I pass! I would have waited to test but the next one is the day of Bretts wedding. Needless to say that option was out. If I pass I will have a minimum of 4 months before I can test again for my decided 1st degree. Well see what happens! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad for the Vols and for Brad! He is nuts!! I pray he makes it home safely tonight...well tomorrow maybe. I will pray for you this weekend! so proud of you TARA!!! that is awesome. got your message...sounds great! Jason will be out of town too so that is just perfect! call you tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

wow tara! so awesome that you are doing this... that is quite an accomplishment! And I hope Brad does make it home. I think we all should have given the team a memo that sloppy chaos= losers! man that was bad :(

Anonymous said...

Tara Good luck tomorrow!! I am certain you will do great, and will be praying for you in the meantime. I hope Brad made it home safely and in good spirit despite the outcome of that game. Connor as always looks adorable in all of the Easter pictures. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!!