Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Feeling under the weather

Well, I guess I can say I am pretty proud that I have made it this far without getting sick all winter. Brad and Connor have come down with colds, but I always manage to stay well. I like to think it is that Mama immunity. No longer... Connor and I are both sneezing and congested in our chests and head. Every time Connor sneezes I have to be right there with a tissue FAST! It is amazing how much snot he can blow out! (Sorry it is a little graphic, but for a Mom I am used to much worse) I guess I can be thankful that I didnt come down with the yucky flu this year since it was so bad. The bummer is that I had so much planned for today. My house is a WRECK (seriously it hasnt been this bad in a while) not to mention dirty. The floors need to be mopped and I dread this like the plague! And I wanted to start painting a second coat on the wall while Connor napped today. AND I need to go to the grocery store! Yuck! The rain isnt making things look any more enticing, as I just want to lay here and sleep. Brad wont be home until late tonight, so that means I dont even get to relax tonight... Ok, enough complaining!! I guess I should go to the doctor this week and get on a round of antibiotics, because it will inevitably turn into a sinusitis. I dont have time for this!

5 comments:

Heather Robinette said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

The Davis Family said...

Hope you begin to feel better soon...and get more painting done!

Anonymous said...

Just take care of yourself. You definitely need to get some rest! Love you! Grannie & Pops.

Lindsey said...

yes girl.. go get some drugs ha! i was stubborn and didnt go get any and it lingered on with me for a week :(

Wadsworth Family- said...

Don't worry about the house....you can always blame it on Connor.We blame our mess on Lake all the time. Amanda