Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Day




Oooohh, a football!
Yummy! Gummy fruit treats, my favorite!

I'm ready to help with Mommy's flowers now!Easter basket #2!Not another picture... Hanging with the guys to watch Smokey on TV.
My first PEEP, Daddys favorite! My Easter Bunny cake, it is really a carrot cake but I added coconut to make fur. It actually tasted really good with the carrot cake, if I do say so myself. Glad I took this picture early because Dad ripped the eyeballs right off the poor creature! Black licorice jelly beans are his favorite, as well as mine!


What a great day it was! Connor really got into it this year, I couldnt believe it. I sat the Easter basket down and before I could get my camera out, he had already torn into half of it! He loved everything that the Easter Bunny brought him this year: an Elmo Springtime Fun DVD, Elmo musical toy, an egg with spinning lights, Noahs Arc book, bath toys, baseball bat and ball, football, garden tools, baby chick that chirps, Backyardigans bubbles, and some eggs with treats inside! He found the treats pretty quickly, I was quite surprised.

We spent the day in Gallatin at Aunt Linda and Uncle Ron's house. My grandmother has been in town for a week now and it was great to get to spend a holiday with her, since that doesnt happen very often. She will go back to NY this Friday and we will be sad to see her and Ed leave, but we will see them again in just 2 short months for Bretts wedding! I cant believe it but I dont have one single picture of her and Connor together!! I havent been very good about taking pictures on her visit, but I promise to do better next time.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and spent time reflecting on why we really celebrate this wonderful day!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love his Easter outfit!

Lindsey said...

what a great cake! you did so well :)

Kandi said...

Hi Tara,
Thanks for your comment. It has been great how fast Brock has learned to sleep on his own. I am still in the bed with Keira every night, 1 down-1 to go. She will be the hard one-she is so strong-willed and stubborn on most things. I plan on breaking her after vacation in April. At least we will all sleep till then. LOL

Kandi said...

Looks like you all had a great Easter with family! Good idea on the cake!!

Nikki said...

The cake is so creative! I see Connor got a few sports items too. Must have been that same bunny!!