Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

More and more fun every day!

What a ham!

Connors new kicks! I love babies first walking shoes! Are they just precious? Uh, Oh- he is coming at me with a wooden spoon!

On a mission...Which sport will it be? Golf?Football?

Basketball?Slam Dunk!The key goes here!Connor's truck (just like Pops)

So, where have I been this week? It has been a busy week and not much time for blogging. Just to give you a run down, I worked all week except for Friday and I started painting that day. I worked at Mom's tea room on Tuesday and had a blast! It was very different than anything I have ever done and I enjoyed the change. I look forward to being able to help out more in the future! Sorry, I intended on taking my camera but I forgot it so there are no pics. Back to the painting- Brad and I have decided to take on the HUGE project of painting the entire house. All of the walls need to be painted, because they still have the contractor grade flat paint on them from the construction of the house. Needless to say, it doesnt hold up well with a toddler around. We decided to bite the bullet and get started before the weather gets really nice because we know we will want to be outside. Little did we know how wonderful the weather was going to be this weekend!! Mid 70's on Saturday and Sunday! Woohoo! I got really excited about an early spring and then I saw that we are supposed to get snow on Tuesday (with significant accumulation). I am so ready for spring!!! The painting is going pretty good, but slow! We are starting with the hallway first and it is pretty tricky because there are stairs involved and some very high ceilings with tricky angles. We had better like the color because it wont be getting painted again any time soon! We did take some time out for some playtime outside with Connor since the weather was so beautiful. I am going to have so much fun this summer watching Connor explore the outdoors. He loves it! Well, I am pooped. Have a good week everyone!!!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Good luck with the painting!! Bradley and I painted some rooms in our house a couple of months ago, and we almost had to attend marriage counseling!!

Nikki said...

Connor is doing so good with walking. It looks like he is just running around already! Love all the pictures You might need to buy a bigger house just for wall space when you have another baby.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love all the sport pictures! I am so proud of the little walker!!! I can't wait to come visit soon and see all the new paint!