Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, May 5, 2008

16 months





These are Connor's future babysitters! The brunette lives next door, the blond across the street. Pretty soon they will be good helpers and they LOVE Connor. This picture was taken after I took all three for a wagon ride. I was worn out when we got back!


This post is a little overdue because Connor will be 17 months old in just 13 days. I cant believe how fast time is going by these days, and how fast Connor is growing, learning, and changing! Every single day there is something new with him. He seems to be absorbing so much right now. For instance his Leap Frog toy that is on the fridge plays music and every time he pushes it I will start stomping my foot to the beat. One day I saw him in the kitchen and it looked like he was hopping on one foot. It took me a minute but I realized that he was trying to imitate me, even though there was no music playing. Connor can now shoot basketball, say several new words, bark like a dog, fake out kisses, and run, run, run! I definitely have to keep my eye on him, because in a second he can be GONE. He has also learned several new dance moves. He bends his knees up and down, like he is doing squats and will try to spin. He definitely keeps us entertained to say the least. We are having so much fun outside going on wagon rides, playing every kind of ball (football, baseball, and basketball), riding the 4-wheeler, and playing in the rocks. He is definitely a boy in every way! This is the reason that you havent seen as many new posts lately because we spend our evenings outdoors. I will try and do better because I know how much I look forward to seeing updates from each of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the little guy! I miss you all! An Am

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Oh my gosh he is such a big boy! I cannot believe how much he has changed!! I know you are having a great time. I love this time of year being outside so much more!

Heather Robinette said...

Enjoy him so much now...before long he will be a teenager!!! Connor is at such a fun age, and what a cutie!!!

Kristy said...

HE is too cute! Yes I do have my hands full, but he is such a blast. I am so excited about having a blog now, but I'm still learning. Sorry about the allergies poor little guy can't catch a break!