Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Pawpaw

Pawpaw passed at 5:00 tonight and was surrounded by the family that loved him. He was at such peace. It was made evident that his body was just too tired from all of the hard work he has done his entire life. His organs were starting to fail and we knew that he would want us to let him go. Even as hard as it was, I am so glad that I got to be there with him while he took his last breath. There are simply no words, but only to say that he was one of the greatest men I will ever know. He was simply an incredible man and touched all of those who knew him. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. They have been a comfort during this difficult time.

13 comments:

carriehayes said...

sweet Tara, i will be praying for your family during this time. i am glad you were there. love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Tara, I am so sorry to hear about your pawpaw. I too will be praying for your family.

Denira Baird Williams said...

Tara, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Know that you and your family are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

tara- im so sorry to hear that. i will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Tara and family, I am so sorry that you lost your pawpaw. He was a proud man and had much joy in life. If anyway you need me you know where I am. I love you, Aunt Susie

Kristy said...

Justin and I will be praying for you. I so hate to hear that he has passed, but now he is without suffering. Please let us know if we can do anything for you all. I'm glad you were able to be with him before he passed I'm sure he knew that you were there.

Lindsey said...

it is always so difficult to let go of the people we love. luckily as Christians we know we can just say "bye for now" as you will see him again in Heaven. I will be praying for you and your family for sure. Love ya!

The Clifton Family said...

We will continue to keep you in our prayers, too. I cannot imagine dealing with this... all I can do is pray that God gives you strength to get through it.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you all and am especially keeping you (Tara) close to my heart. Your PawPaw was a very good man and as I told Brad a couple of times during all of this, I could not even begin to imagine Joe in this position. He was a very strong man. He obviously loved you all dearly and I am so thankful that Brad has also been blessed enough to have had him in his life. Brad was telling me about Connor calling him Paw Paw for the first time. I'm sure all he could think of was how blessed he was to have met his first great grand child. I will keep you in my prayers as I know the next couple of weeks will be very hard. I am so sorry that I cannot be there but will see you all next weekend. I love you! Amanda

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I am so sorry for you and your family! I know what a difficult time this is for you! I will be praying for you! Love you!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry about your PawPaw.

Casey said...

Tara, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. We will be praying for you and your family! Love you guys!

Kandi said...

Sorry to hear this, you will be in my prayers.