Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Vegas Vacation



I am going to admit that I liked Las Vegas much more than I thought I would. Now dont get me wrong it is definitely "another world" completely, but there is so much to do and see there. The shopping was incredible and I dont think I had prepared myself for how good it would be. Our schedule was pretty full the whole time we were there, except for the 3 days that Brad was in the conference. Saturday, we spent the entire day getting acquainted with the town. I am pretty sure we walked about 5 miles up and down the strip trying to see all of the hotels and sights. On Sunday, we got up early and headed to the Hoover dam, and the Grand Canyon. It was 3 1/2 hours there, and 3 1/2 hours back. Needless to say, we didnt have much time to spend doing much at the dam or the Canyon because we had our show to attend that night. We went to see Cirque de Soleil "O". It was incredible, but I am not sure we enjoyed it as much as we would have normally because we were exhausted from our busy day. It started at 10:30 PT, which is really 12:30 our time! We definitely struggled with the time change for a few days. On Monday I slept in, something I havent been able to do in a long time! I layed out by the pool all afternoon until dinner time. It was fabulous! I did get a little sunburned though. The sun is a little more harsh in the desert, I learned. On Tuesday, I got a hot stone massage in the hotel spa, and then shopped the rest of the day while Brad was in his conference. My kind of day! On Wednesday, I got a pedicure at the spa and then followed it with a little more shopping because I didnt get to do everything I wanted the day before. Brad had some free time late in the afternoon so we drove our rental car down to the "old and original" part of Vegas. It was pretty neat and I wished we had spent a little bit more time down there. We had a good dinner that night at Bellagio and then packed to get ready to fly out the next day. It was a great trip and we missed Connor terribly, but honestly it wasnt as bad as I had anticipated. We left very early on Saturday morning so he was still sleeping which made it a little bit easier. I think he really bonded with the grandparents, my Dad especially because he kept him 2 whole days by himself because Mom was at work. I dont think he missed us at all, although he was very excited to see us. We didnt get home until about 7:30 on Thursday and he wanted to play until 11:00 and didnt go to sleep until midnight.

I cant wait to go on another vacation, this time with Connor to Disney World in September! I am getting excited just thinking about it!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Looks like you had a great time! I am so glad that you got to pamper yourself...you deserve it!! By the way..you look great, your hair looks soo good!

Heather Robinette said...

I have always wanted to visit Vegas! Bruce has been and we will definitely go sometime...I loved looking at your pictures.