Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

In Loving Memory

JOE TAYLOR NEAL
(Pawpaw)
1933-2008
Me and Pawpaw (1982) I loved sitting in his lap in his favorite chair.
This is one of my favorite pictures of him. It shows him at his best, with his beaming smile.
This picture was before our wedding. I like to think he was giving Brad some words of wisdom.
Pawpaw loved to dance!


Pawpaw as a proud great-grandfather.
Pawpaw, Grandma, and Connor in the hospital after he was born.Pawpaw holding Connor (Christmas 2006)
He loved this little boy! Connor and Pawpaw (Thanksgiving 2007)

It has been a hard two weeks, but I am now trying to return to some type of normalcy. However, it seems at the moment that nothing will ever be "normal" again. Everywhere I go, everything I do, I find my self thinking of Pawpaw. It might be a place, or a smell, or simply a song that will remind me of this special man. I thought the world of my Pawpaw and have always sought his wisdom and advice all of my life. He was truly the hardest worker I will ever know. Everyone seemed to say the same thing, as I heard this over and over from family and friends during the services. Pawpaw was a farmer, gardner, hunter, dancer (every Friday night), card player (every Monday night), great friend, and most importantly a family man. His family always came first in his life and he was an incredible provider for them. It is going to be extremely difficult for my grandmother in the days to come, because her and Pawpaw literally did everything together. At times it seems that she doesnt have the will to live anymore. I am praying that this will pass and soon she will begin to heal. As we drove away from their house the day of the funeral, Brett and I both said that nothing would ever be the same at that place. I know that is so, but we have to go on and I know that Pawpaw would want us to keep on living. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It has meant a lot to me. I am looking forward to this week and a time for rejoicing for Brett's wedding. I know that Pawpaw's presence will be felt, as he was really looking forward to being there.

I love you Pawpaw, rest in peace and I will be seeing you again.
Love,
your Punkin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara you made me cry again. What a tribute to Paw Paw you gave. You are right, he was truly a great man. Keep your memories close at heart. I love you, Mom

The Davis Family said...

What sweet pictures of your grandfather. I know how hard it can be and will continue to pray for your family.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry, too. Your family has been close to my heart all week. I am praying for you and looking forward to Brett and Hillary's wedding! See you then!

Anonymous said...

Tara, you are such a joy in my life. I am very blessed to have two daughters. Your PawPaw was such a great man. We truly have thought of him as a great friend every since we met him. Just keep him close to your heart. Love you all. Doris

Jeremy and Lacy said...

You made me cry too! How beautiful that was that you wrote about him! I am just so sorry that you lost him for now, but you can look forward to seeing him again! Praise the Lord for that! Love you!

The Clifton Family said...

What a wonderful tribute you wrote. I know he is proudly looking down on you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Nikki said...

Hopefully time will heal for your Grandmother. You guys are very furtunate to have a close family that can pull together in times like these. God Bless.

Lindsey said...

Tara that is such a good tribute to your pawpaw. I know that it is important now for you to remember all of those good times and reflect on all of the good times God brought you and your family with him. It is never easy to say goodbye but time will heal the sorrow you feel. My Poppa went through a difficult time when my Nanny died, but time does heal. He always says that she is still with him everywhere he goes, which of course is true. I too know that it will never really be the same without her.... oh praise God we get to see them again in Heaven!!