Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some things we've been up to...

We have been working hard on home improvement projects and still have many more things that we want to accomplish. We are working hard to get as much done before it gets too hot outside. It is so great to see the finished product and know what you accomplished. We LOVE to work in the yard!Before



After

We got rid all of the pine trees that were in front of our house and we have had so many neighbors say how much better it looks. We intend on planting some other types of trees, a few maples, etc. We just havent gotten to it yet. We also have A LOT of work to do in the backyard! There are no trees or flowers back there, so I am dying to get to some time to work but we have been spending most of our time in the front.

We repainted the shutters because they were fading. It was quite the job, because we painted them a lighter green and I hated it, so they have actually had 3 coats of paint! I am pleased with this color, although it is almost identical to the color they were before. Brad told me to just stick with what works next time... Ha!I love my new "red door"! This is the landscape bed that we have been working on and it is finally finished. Nothing has bloomed yet, except for the yellow flowers in the front (not sure what they are called). We planted some yellow and red daylilies in the back, some red dianthus in the middle, and some blue phlox in the front. The tree is a saucer magnolia, or tulip tree and will have light pink flowers in the early spring. I repainted my rusty bird bath and put it in the bed and am pretty pleased with how it came out.

We installed a new mailbox because someone hit ours and we didnt really like it anyway. I planted some petunias at the base, but I just deadheaded them so there arent many blooms in this picture.
Our new fence (we had built for Cooper last October) We just finished staining it.
Pawpaw didnt get his tomato plants in the ground before he went into the hospital. Dad planted most of them in Pawpaws garden, but there were a few left over, so each of us took some home. I planted these yesterday in the backyard. I am hoping and praying that they live and I get some good tomatoes out of them! Pawpaw would be so proud. They were his and my FAVORITE! I am sure going to miss his tomatoes. These will be the last ones that he started himself. I didnt put his trademark PVC pipe in the ground, but I think they will do OK without it.



Connor has been working hard to save his money for the piggy bank. I know how much Pawpaw would be proud of him also! He always taught us to save our pennies!

Playing with Daddy's glasses... Dont I look so smart?!

Our flowers that Amanda sent us this weekend. She knows that daisies are my favorite! Thanks Amanda, I LOVE them!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Everything looks beautiful! You have done an awesome job! It looks like a different house! Also Connor is soooo big! He has grown so much, and what a head of hair!! I hate we aren't going to see yall next weekend, miss you!

Nikki said...

The house looks great, I too like it much better without the trees. We took some out too. Love the bright red door, good choice!

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

WOW! You guys have been busy. It looks great!