Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Day at the Pool


We couldnt get any smiles out of him, but at least he wasnt crying like last years episode.

Connors friends (next door neighbors) came into the pool to try to comfort him.

Yesterday we went to our neighborhood pool for the first time! It was a little crowded, but pretty much what we expected for Memorial Day weekend. Connor hasnt been in the water (except for his bath and he loves those!) since last year at the lake and that didnt go over very well. We are hoping to get Connor adjusted to the water before we go to Florida in September. He got more comfortable as the day went by, but I guess you could say that he tolerated it pretty well considering all of the other big kids in the kiddie pool, splashing and jumping, etc. He loves to splash in his bathwater, but not in the pool! He had a death grip on me the whole time and would rather me hold him then be in his float. I think a few more times and he will get a little more comfortable with it. I am hoping!



As you can see from the pictures, Connor had a much better time people watching and snacking on some pretzels. I think he gets that from his Mommy! We had a fun time first time at the pool!
Mom, this is much better!


After we left the pool we stopped by the playground and let Connor slide, his favorite! We couldnt get him off of that thing without some serious tears! We let him walk to the car like a big boy and he decided that he wanted to go and visit the neighbors because he headed in the opposite direction and waved "bye-bye" to us as you can see in the last picture. What a fun summer it will be!

You better catch me, Mommy!

Again, again Mommy!

Boo! Connor loves hiding up there!

Bye, bye... You guys can go home if you want, but I think I will stay and explore!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That is sooo cute. I love the pic of Connor hiding! We have been surprised that Sailor loves the pool...so far. I've learned to just keep trying with things she doesn't like. Hopefully Connor will begin to like the water soon. He can always just sunbathe, sometimes that is much more relaxing anyway!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How cute! I love his float too! I'm sure he will warm right up to it in a few more visits to the pool. By the end of the summer you won't be able to get him out of it!

Tabitha said...

He is a ham. That water looks so nice. I wish we had a pool. We thinking of joining the rec center. Matthew will be going to Bettys on Thursdays through the summer. I changed the day so that he and Conner would have someone to play with since they are her only kids right now.