Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Connor's 18 month birthday!



Connor turned 18 months yesterday. I cant believe that in just 6 short months we will blowing out 2 candles! We are having so much fun with Connor right now, although I will admit the last few months have been very trying. He is a very happy little boy, but if something upsets him or is frustrating he surely will let you know! I think I mentioned that on Mothers Day C had a 4 hour temper tantrum, well we havent had one quite that bad but we are doing "time out" quite frequently these days. I am not sure where he gets this from, but the doctor told me today that it actually is a good sign because he is learning how to test his limits and trying to figure out what he can get away with. I took it to mean that he has great intellect, but other than that I am not sure how it is a good thing, for me anyway?! Ha! He had his checkup today and it went pretty well, other than the fact that Connor has now learned that going to the Dr. office is not a pleasant thing for him. He only got one shot today, which was extra great! She said he is developing great and passed the autism test with flying colors, which was a great relief. (Not that I was worried...) His weight was a bit of a concern for me, but the doctor didnt seem bothered by it much. She gave me a hand out on foods that could help with weight gain and I just had to laugh! I have been trying to cut back this week and the sheet is filled with all of things I love- carbs, lots of cheese, butter, cream cheese, and a whole section about desserts and ice cream! You have to be kidding me?! Just when I thought that I could stop buying these things, now I have to be tempted because I need to give them to my 18 month old son. Ha!


Tomorrow is picture day, so I should have those soon to share! I told the photographer yesterday that I hoped they had their running shoes ready. That will be the only way they will get any shots of C!

Here are some things that Connor is doing now...

-He is infatuated with the garbage! He throws his trash away and even puts his dirty diapers in the diaper genie. I love it! You have to be careful though. The other day I found a sippy cup and some of my scrap booking stamps in there.

-He is such a Mommy's helper! I trimmed the bushes the other night and he started helping me pick up the cut limbs by putting them in the trash bag. Again, he is infatuated by the garbage.

-Continues to love to dance!

-Loves the water hose and to squirt himself with it. I have to watch because he will be soaked in a matter of seconds.

-Can count to three, mostly two for now but occasionally he will say three and will shout out five in there somewhere!

-Bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles...

-Ba-ball is still his favorite past time. (Basketball)

-Wagon rides around the block.

-Blows kisses and will tell you bye when he thinks he is going somewhere.

-Wants to know where Pooper (Cooper) is at all times.

I know there are many many more, but I cant seem to think of them all now. He is like a little sponge right now picking up everything he sees and hears. I cant wait to see him in 6 more months and all of the new things he will learn!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I love it he is too cute! Iknow you guys are having such a blast with him at this age. I personally thought 2 was the best age. They can talk and walk and will come up with some of the greatest things ever! Julia is so funny right now she makes us laugh nightly. Enjoy it because he'll be 5 and off to school before you know it. It make sme sad jsut thinking abut it.

Maranda said...

I am so glad to see this post. Connor and Brody seem to have a lot in common. I am glad that my son is not the only one who LOVES the garbage!! Time sure is flying by though, huh?!!!

Nikki said...

Can't wait to have a little helper! I love that Connor calls Cooper, Pooper. He is getting so big. I think the Sepia toned pictures look so much like you.

Kandi said...

2 will be here before you blink! Connor is adorable and this is a fun age as we get to watch them develop even more each day.

Darby said...

I love these pictures of Connor! He is growing up so cute and so fast! It kills me how old he looks! I miss yall!