Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, June 2, 2008

My little brother is officially "married"!

Connor observing everyone at the rehearsal. He loves to people watch!
Rehearsal Dinner


Mr. and Mrs. Neal Me and my handsome boy! (notice the skinned knee...Connor fell in the parking lot walking into the reception)
Katie, Me, Lindsey, Amanda, BrookeAn Am and Pete Lindsey and JR
(thanks to them for taking all of these pictures and sharing them with me because I took none. Thanks you guys so much!)




Connor hamming it up at the reception. At one point he had everyone at the reception clapping for him!

Dancing the night away!

Dancing with Nonna

Connor wanted to catch the Yankee garter!

Me and Dad

"The Happy Couple"

Jamaica, here we come!

First of all, I want to apologize for having soo many pictures on here. There were so many to choose from and these were the ones that I wanted to share but there are still a lot of them! Second, I want to thank Lindsey and JR for the pictures that you are looking at because they took them all! If you would like to see them all, you can go here to see Lindsey's web album. I was so disappointed that I didnt get to take any. I had my camera in the diaper bag everywhere I went, but with Connor it just wasnt possible. I spent every minute watching him and making sure he wasnt getting into to mischief, as well as trying to talk with everyone. I am so thankful they took so many pictures and were willing to share them with me. Thanks you guys so much!

Well, I cant believe that my brother is actually a married man now! Everyone kept asking me what I thought about it and before the wedding I honestly didnt think much about it. We have always knew that he would marry Hillary, but now it is like I cant believe that they are husband and wife. We are so happy for them! As I have said many, many times before I am so happy to get another sister!

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous, as well as the reception. Hillary was such a beautiful bride and everyone, including me LOVED her dress! It was perfect for her! Brett of course looked very dapper in his white tux. We got to sing "Happy Birthday" to Brett at the reception and he even had a birthday table with birthday presents on them. I know his 26th birthday will be one he will never forget! We had such a great time during the festivities and spending time as a family in between. We spent the night with Mom and Dad, as well as Brett the night before the wedding and made lots of memories that we will never forget. I wont give any details, but lets just say it was memorable! Ha! It was great to get to see all of my family that I dont get to see very often. Everyone from NY came down and we got to spend some time with them on Sunday before returning home. We cant wait to see them again in August hopefully! Connor was a trooper the whole weekend and did extremely well staying up very late each night and taking good naps during the day. Thank you to Grannie, Pops, An Am, and Pete who came to the wedding and helped with Connor. I didnt expect for Connor to last very long because during the rehearsal he would cry every time he saw me. He lasted until we had communion and then Pops took him outside. He was such a good little boy and partied hard at the reception for sure. We are a little tired from all of the events, but eventually this week we will get caught up. I hope everyone had a great weekend, we sure did!

I am also posting the picture montage that Lindsey made. It is on her blog, but I wanted you all to see it so I thought I would post it here too.



6 comments:

Lindsey said...

you are MORE than welcome Tara! We LOVE playing photographer and getting good use out of our new camera :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looked so pretty all decked out! Congrat's to your brother and the bride! She looked beautiful. I loved Connor's outfit. I love little boys in white knee socks, too cute!

So in reading the end of your post I noticed you said you hoped to see your NY family in August. Does this mean that the Neal/Thompson clan may be coming to NYC in August? I am certain your Dad and brother want to go to a Yankee's game since it's the final year. I certainly hope so! I would love to see you guys and get to meet Mr. Connor!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. one of Mickey's friends just got called up from the Minors and offically made his Yankee debut as a relief pitcher this weekend so let us know if your coming and we can try and harass him for tickets or passes or something!!

The Davis Family said...

What a beautiful wedding. Hillary looked gorgeous! And that Conner was too cute in his outfit!

Wadsworth Family- said...

I love the dancing pictures. Lake loves to dance too!

Casey said...

Tara, the pictures are great!! I love the one of Connor dancing with his hands up in the air...too cute!!