Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Day of Destruction


On Saturday we took out some frustration on our deck and decided to rip it apart! Just kidding! We really needed to replace the deck boards because they were cracking and warping. Brad got motivated to start, so there you have it... We just started prying the boards off. It was actually quite easy (yes, I helped!). We are planning on adding an extension on the side to give us two areas, one open space for grilling, etc, and the other for lounging. I cant wait to have it all done, but it will be a very long process. We are going to start with the old part, and then add on when it gets a bit cooler sometime this fall. With the real estate slump apparently lumber is pretty cheap right now, so we decided to take advantage. I'll keep you all posted on its progress. Poor Cooper is so confused because he keeps going to the door by the deck to go outside. We were afraid that he would just run right out there, but he stopped and figured it out quite quickly. Now we have to let him out of the garage and through the back door. He is going to be very confused before it is all over.

All done! Actually just getting started...

Connor was in a very silly mood all weekend. The pictures below were taken right after he woke up that morning. As you can see he is a little ham! We went to dinner that night and he had us cracking up at him. The whole time he was making funny faces trying to get us to laugh, then he started flirting with the girl at the next table. He even offered her his french fries and corndog. The other funny thing he is doing right now is learning to use a fork. He WILL NOT eat without one. Needless to say we have to take his plastic baby forks wherever we go. He is spouting out new words every day! I know I have said it many times, but it is so incredible seeing him learn new things all the time now. He says "cheese" when you get ready to take his picture, he will put the camera up to his face and say "cheese" as if to take someone elses picture. It is too cute! The other thing which I just love, is that he will see a picture of Pawpaw and point and say his name. Every time we go to see Grandma at her house, he will say "Pawpaw" as if he remembers that is where he lived even though he didnt learn his name until he was in the hospital and the last time we got to visit with him before he died. Such sweet memories.

I'm so HAPPY!

These are a few of my funny faces!

I do this when something really cool happens!

"Did you hear that"? He is tooting his truck horn!

Connor decided last night that he needed to be pulled in this wagon. We pulled him a little bit but the ol' wagon was struggling. We had to explain to him that it was not made for that like his other one is.

Saying "CHEEEEESE" this morning at breakfast.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh he is so cute Tara!!! when we get back in town we HAVE to spend a day together. we NEED to! i am glad you all are doing well! i miss you! happy 18 months C!

Anonymous said...

Aw... I miss him already. He is such a joy and I am very proud to be his aunt. Oh yeah, did I mention I miss my favorite brother and sister too... I hope you all are having a great week!
AnAm

Casey said...

Tara, Connor is too sweet!! I love all those facial expressions!! I bet he is so entertaining...I would love to see you guys sometime!

Nikki said...

He has such a cute personality! I am sure he keeps you guys laughing all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pops and I are working on a plan to come out there. We will call and set it up. We are really missing you all! Love, Grannie

Jeremy and Lacy said...

He is the cutest thing ever. Don't you love when they get in those silly moods...hilarious! I love these pictures!

Tabitha said...

Connor make the funniest faces! I love that he and Matthew get to play together at Mrs. Betty's.

Kristy said...

He is so cute I love all of thsoe great faces. By the way I love the site make over you must tell me how you did it. :) thanks for the prayers and any tips on where to stop for teh trip would be great.