Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Here are some pictures from our celebration yesterday. Instead of cake, we had dirt dessert (that I made in the picture below). Yes, it is in the flower pot. As you can see I made it a point to let everyone know that she is turning 50. Ha! She was a good sport about it. I love the second picture with the gummy worm hanging out of her mouth! Mom, dont kill me for putting this picture in here, but it was too cute!
Happy Birthday, Mom! You look great to be "older than dirt"! No seriously, you dont look your age and definitely dont look like a grandmother! As a matter of fact (I know you will love this Mom) everyone asks us if we are sisters when we are out together. I hope you have a great birthday and are having a good time having the day all to yourself! We had fun yesterday, especially Connor. He loves his Nonna!

Blowing out her "Over the Hill" candle... Connor wanted to help!
Mom's new Brighton keychain, her Nonna shirt, and jade necklace that she got for her birthday.
Open mouth kisses from her sweet boy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Darby said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! It looks like it was a great one! I miss you ALL so much!

Anonymous said...

Lori, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How wonderful to have all your family with you to celebrate! I agree you and Tara could pass for sisters. I love your family!

The Davis Family said...

What a cute "cake"!! I agree that your mom looks wonderful!