Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day at the Zoo

Not sure what the frown was about here...
Looking at the meerkats. He loved them because they moved real fast!
The zoo keepers told us that he was keeping watch for predators. There were several of them standing around the exhibit keeping watch and get this... they have shift changes every 15 minutes or so and we actually got to observe one. It was so cool!
Ok, someone refresh my memory... Is this a stork or a crane? I cant remember, but we saw both.
I know you all have seen a zebra before, but I still think they are so beautiful I had to share!Ok, now this is what I feel like doing right now!!! Connor trying to steal one of Mattie's Doritos!Everyone is happier at snack time! Taking time out in the "shade" for a little snack.The whole crew
(Alee, Mattie, Connor, Hank, and Isaac)


I just got back from Connor's first trip to the zoo! It was a blast! Here are a few words that just about sum up my day...hot, riding in the back of a van with 5 kids, changed 8 smelly diapers so far, nap time was 3 hours past due, hungry children at the end of the trip at the zoo! It was crazy to say the least, but we still had a great time! Here are some pictures from our day. Oh, and the other ones in the pictures are our neighbors next door and across the street in case you were wondering.

9 comments:

carriehayes said...

how fun Tara!!! i have yet to take H to the zoo. the first picture...Connor's expression looks just like you! i laughed when i saw it! i miss you and love you!

Kristy said...

We are planning on taking the girls int he coming weeks for their first trip to the zoo. Justin and I can't wait.

Looks like you guys had a blast too. I hope that Connor is feeling better.

Kandi said...

the zoo is always fun, but it sure tires everyone out.

Laura said...

Hi, Tara! I'm a crossover from Ashley W.'s blog. She did a great job on your design! She did mine, too (The Horton Family)! She is SO creative!

I really enjoyed your blog! Reading it reminded me of the first time I took Alise to the zoo. Sounds like the same as yours...hot, dirty diapers, etc. But, oh, the memories of seeing the animals for the first time through her eyes. Thanks for reminding me!

The Clifton Family said...

OK, how did you get your blog to look this cool? Share, please!

Ashley said...

Ha, she must have done ours at the same time....interesting! Glad you had fun at the zoo!

The Clifton Family said...

Not even close to moving in... wish we were. I am about to post some more pics of the house progress. WE still don't have walls inside! Slow going because we are using friends to help... so we are saving a ton, but losing time!

The Clifton Family said...

Thanks also for the blog info!

Owings Family said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the ZOO! I love going to the zoo and cannot wait until Eli is old enough to enjoy it. I have a friend moving to Spring Hill soon. Is that where yall are at? Shoot me an email at rmcpharmd@comcast.net and let me know. I'd love to pass along your info to her! Thanks!