Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last weekend


Me and Da DaPops let Connor drive Playing with the bubbles with Grannie
This is my roll, doggy!
Playing golf with Da Da

Just look at that swing!





Not sure what he was pointing at here... Playing Peek a Boo
Boo!

What a great day it is! I am at home today. Yahoo!!! I just dont know how you full time working Mom's do it. I have worked 3 days in a row and I am worn out. I just sat down to fold a load of laundry and it feels like rest. Every night we are out doing something. The weather has been heavenly this week and we are taking advantage of it! Mid to low 80's with low humidity definitely doesnt feel like the middle of June for TN. If only it could stay like this. Well back to my post...

Last weekend we went down to Rockwood on Saturday morning and came back through on Sunday morning and stopped my Lebanon to see my parents. We didnt get back until late on Sunday, therefore that is why I am just now getting around to posting this. We had a great time visiting with our families and celebrating Fathers Day with both of our Dads. On Saturday we grilled out and had a relaxing day playing outside and visiting with the Thompson family and Brian, Benita, and Rachel. Pete got a new tractor and Brad fell in love all over again! He rode it almost all day and Connor got a few rides in with him and with Pops. I think he liked it more as the day went on. His Grannie and Pops bought him all different kinds of bubbles and he had a blast with that. A great time was had by all!

Connor was very content playing with the water hose at Nonna's.Grandy taught him to take a drink!
Mmm, that was tasty!Nonna's cake was goooooood!

On Sunday we celebrated Mom's 50th birthday as seen in the last post and Fathers Day with my Dad. My grandmother spent the weekend with them, so we also got to spend some time with her as well. It was a great weekend and we sure were pooped when it was all over.

2 comments:

Owings Family said...

Saw Doris yesterday! She is lovin being a grandmother and blogging! We have even taught my grandparents and Jay's Papaw to check the blogs!

Anonymous said...

I got to hold Eli! He is a gorgeous baby. I think I told Amanda how much I am ready for another grandbaby if I could get some of the Thompsons to cooperate! Love, Grannie