Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our night out...

We had a great time last night, celebrating our anniversary. We met my parents in Nashville so that they could take Connor for the night. He was so happy and eager to go with them which made it much easier to go. We went to Green Hills to The Cheesecake Factory and I think Brad had his best anniversary ever! Carrie Underwood walked in and right after we did! The CMA festival is going on downtown this weekend and we didnt go down there for that very reason. I guess the stars were trying to escape too! Carrie walked right in and put her name down, just like everyone else. They even gave her a pager, and I looked at Brad and said, "She has to wait just like everyone else!" However, she didnt have to wait too long. She was with what appeared to be her Mom and a friend and she sat on the bench right beside where we were standing. I told Brad to try and take a picture with his cell phone discreetly of course! He took a few but they were pretty blurry. Can you tell we are starstruck?! Ha! We have lived here for 5 years, but havent seen too many stars so when we do it is always exciting. Carrie was beautiful and Brad pointed out several times that she was even prettier in real life. She was dressed very casually, but her hair and makeup were done so we could tell it was her. We ended up being seated across from them and she was out of view but I did a little spying and they were eating asparagus. Granted, I like asparagus but at the Cheesecake Factory, I dont think so. Ha! I guess that is how they keep those amazing bodies.

We went to the movies and watched "What happens in Vegas" and it was a hoot! We had a great time. Connor came home this morning SICK. Yuck... He doesn't act like he feels very bad, but he has been V and had D all day. Actually he has had D all weekend and on and off for a month. I am going to take him to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully they wil be able to figure something out. He is sleeping right now and Brad is playing golf, so it is very peaceful and quiet at my house right now. Just the way I like it!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cool. Mark and I actually ate at Bricktops on West End Thursday night and ate right beside Brad Paisley. He too was dressed very casually and was respected by everyone. I bet we could have seen stars EVERYWHERE! Happy Anniversary!

Nikki said...

Happy anniversary late. I love the slideshow of your old High school and college days. They brought back a lot of memories. Hope you guys had fun on your night out!

carriehayes said...

happy belated anniversary Tara and Brad!!! you guys are getting old :)